Forums > Model Colloquy > So I wrote that book about modelling

Model

Florence Rivieres

Paris, Île-de-France, France

... and as I am french, I am now willing to have it translated.

It happened few years ago. I was transitioning from modelling to acting (well not quite transitioning, let's say I started the new activity without letting the other down, obviously), and the new people I was working with seemed to be unable to understand what it was to be a model - that it's not only about being there, all pretty. At the same period, young girls would write to me questions about how to become a model, how to start, seeking advice. So I searched the Internet for sources to give them, and I couldn't find any.

Then I decided to write & publish a book about the models, to explain what it was and how to make it easier to begin. And it turned out, as I finished it, that it was not only a basic how-to, but also an essay on our relationship to body and image. My philosophy background had caught me back.

Anyway, I thought it could interest you guys, so there is a lot of informations here :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/si … anslate-it

Please feel free to support this project through the kickstarter, but also if you can't / don't want to fund it, share it around you ! This needs to be seen to come to live !

Thank you smile

Nov 04 17 04:40 am Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

It is I who should thank you. :-) The link alone is worth the read.

G Reese

Nov 04 17 07:09 am Link

Photographer

goofus

Santa Barbara, California, US

am I innit?

did you write anything bad or scandalous about our shoot??

if not, why not??

I need more of a bad boy image makeover

Nov 06 17 08:23 am Link

Photographer

isawherface

Encamp, Encamp, Andorra

I emailed you!

Bonjour

Jan 30 18 02:56 am Link