Forums > General Industry > Bruce Weber Sued by Model for Sexual Harassment

Photographer

R Bruce Duncan

Santa Barbara, California, US

Any chance we can delete this thread?

Don't think that, in the long run, it benefits anyone.

And it's continents away from the kind of timeless images I have grown to expect from great photographers.

It's like the National Enquirer with references.

RBD

As an aside... it's all because we don't have a good war going.

To argue about.

And Weber?

It's not like his sexuality is breaking news.

Some strapping youngster is victimized by a 70 year old?

Think it's easier for women--the alleged "weaker sex"--to make credible accusations?

Shame on you, MM Edu!

Dec 16 17 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

lol

Dec 17 17 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

R Bruce Duncan

Emily Nussbaum, writing in The New Yorker, referred to it as "Grand Sexual-Harassment Reckoning".

LOL.

Dec 19 17 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

Zack Zoll

Glens Falls, New York, US

Some of the comments you made a couple posts back are spot on, and others not so much. I won't say what's what, because I honestly don't know what's a briggable offense anymore ... And because I can't be bothered to start what I know will be a argument. Feel free to PM though ... I promise I'll be nice. We probably agree more than you think.

One thing I will say publicly is that I think you're too close to understand what's going on. You may have known about Weber, and as someone with interest but no connections, I understood he was a bit fishy, but didn't know the scope. Almost all of us knew about TR ... Because he was a big enough name that we all knew about him in general - here in a photo forum, where we're interested in photographers.

I'll wager that film buffs knew (or suspected) Weinstein before we did, and stand-up comics knew (or suspected) about Cosby before Buress outed him. The same can be said for Capital Hill interns.  But we may not be part of those groups.

All of these accusations aren't a big deal just because of who is named - it's because they come from so many different places, and so many different kinds of jobs and people that the average person isn't familiar with. And at the end of the day, any change occurs because of the average person; if not because they elected someone in the hopes of doing their bidding, then because representative officials are doing what they *think* they average person wants. We can argue until the cows come home on how well they're doing, but that's the concept. Whether you like Chuck Schumer or Mitch McConnell, both of them think they're doing what average people want.

So yeah, this Weber story isn't *for* you. It's only just barely for me. But there are a lot of other people that are finding out new things right now, and just by the numbers, a lot of it is true. Some people need to be educated more than you do.

Dec 19 17 03:53 pm Link

Photographer

R Bruce Duncan

None of this is even close to new.

This dance between men and women--and all the other permutations--has been going on since the beginning of time.

Why do you think men seek power?

And is beauty power?

While I do admire Weber--our boats passed once on Upper St. Regis, LOL--he changed the look of 20th century photography.

And it's screamingly obvious he likes boys.

Were I to model for him--LOL--and he were to make an inappropriate suggestion, I'd tilt my head, and say... "Hello, Bruce?"

LOL.

Personally, I adore women. 

But at 69 I'm hors de combat.

Still, Nietzsche wrote... Goest thou to women?  Do not forget thy whip.

I stand with Ms Nussbaum of The New Yorker. 

Think her comment is satirical?

Personally, I believe the "Grand Sexual-Harassment Reckoning" is just the flavor of the week.

RBD

N.B.  Please don't ask about those politicians.  I'd put them in the line-up.

Dec 19 17 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

isawherface

Encamp, Encamp, Andorra

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/ … story.html

It continues...

And for whoever here in this thread thinks this is in the news because there's not a "good war".

Are you suggesting war is good?

Feb 18 18 05:41 am Link

Photographer

TomFRohwer

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

ALLtheFACES wrote:

It continues...

And for whoever here in this thread thinks this is in the news because there's not a "good war".

"On her first test shoot as a 15-year-old, Dasha Alexander said, a photographer held a camera in one hand and digitally penetrated her with his other"

How do you "penetrate" somebody "digitally"?

Feb 18 18 10:04 am Link

Photographer

Eagle Rock Photographer

Los Angeles, California, US

TomFRohwer wrote:
How do you "penetrate" somebody "digitally"?

digit:  a finger (including the thumb) ...
synonyms:    finger, thumb, toe; extremity
"we wanted to warm our frozen digits"

Feb 18 18 10:20 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

R Bruce Duncan wrote:
Any chance we can delete this thread?

Delete the thread?... You're joking right?... lol  lol  lol

When you ask for it here... it's a 100% NO WAY... that ain't gonna happen... especially when it's initiated by an MM administrator... wink

Besides... THIS is what we live for... borat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHimia_Fxzs

Feb 18 18 10:26 pm Link

Photographer

Herman Surkis

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

ALLtheFACES wrote:

It continues...

About time. This is the dirty underbelly that needed public exposure.
Like anything there are going to be truths and lies, but generally we know it was and is true. But now it is turning into a witch hunt.

Feb 19 18 02:02 am Link

Photographer

TomFRohwer

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Eagle Rock Photographer wrote:

digit:  a finger (including the thumb) ...
synonyms:    finger, thumb, toe; extremity
"we wanted to warm our frozen digits"

Thanks. English is not my mother tongue and I checked two dictionaries available but nowhere this meaning was listed.

Feb 20 18 05:14 am Link

Photographer

isawherface

Encamp, Encamp, Andorra

TomFRohwer wrote:

Thanks. English is not my mother tongue and I checked two dictionaries available but nowhere this meaning was listed.

Yes Tom, and here's a bit of deeper understanding of this word, digital:

Di = tear apart and git = mind.
Digital could easily mean "tear apart/asunder" + "mind and thought", or perhaps "destroy thought".

Feb 20 18 10:32 am Link