Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Naughty or Nice?

Model

Santa Claus

Seattle, Washington, US

Tell us either the naughtiest or the nicest thing you did this year.  Or both...

Dec 22 17 12:35 pm Link

Model

Gelsen Aripia

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Naughtiest:  A nurse treated me like shit when I had to go to the hospital, so in protest I threw my bedding all over the floor right before I left.  She threatened to call security on me and I told her to go right ahead as it would be the most useful and productive thing she would achieve all evening.

Nicest:  I was extremely polite and cordial to my (now former) landlord, even though he treated me like shit for absolutely no good reason whatsoever.  I made a big effort there.

Dec 22 17 12:44 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

I’ve been working as a contractor for about a year and a half. I took a ‘full-time’ attitude with my job responsibilities. One of the key people of a huge initiative took another position in the company and left a team lead I worked with kind of screwed. Without anyone ‘telling me to do so’ I learned as much as I could and stepped into the former employee’s role as best as I could.

It was very painful and a lot more work for me. It was kind of tough when members on the team were taking vacations left and right, being sick, etc. I could have cruised along and said ‘fuck it, I’m just a contractor’ but didn’t.

I also uncovered a huge mistake within the IT department because of my work ethic and persistence. I was recognized but it didn’t pay me one more cent. I think it was a really nice thing to do and helped train a few more people because of it.

I know it’s just work stuff but this was effort & energy I was expending every day and it really helped more than one person. I got a new job and leaving on a beautiful high note because of it.

Dec 23 17 08:35 am Link

Photographer

RaynePhotography

Marietta, Georgia, US

Naughtiest-
Walked in on two co-workers together in the bathroom stall. I stayed to listen...#nojudgements
I felt guilty afterwards.

Nicest-
Saw a homeless man by my interstate exit by the stop light. I went to the nearby Wendy's and picked up a few burgers, chili, and a coke... looped around and made his day. His name is Jeff and he is a homeless vet.

Dec 24 17 09:30 pm Link

Artist/Painter

LeboGraphics

BRONX, New York, US

Jules NYC wrote:
One of the key people of a huge initiative took another position in the company and left a team lead I worked with kind of screwed. Without anyone ‘telling me to do so’ I learned as much as I could and stepped into the former employee’s role as best as I could.

It was very painful and a lot more work for me. It was kind of tough when members on the team were taking vacations left and right, being sick, etc. I could have cruised along and said ‘fuck it, I’m just a contractor’ but didn’t.

I also uncovered a huge mistake within the IT department because of my work ethic and persistence. I was recognized but it didn’t pay me one more cent. I think it was a really nice thing to do and helped train a few more people because of it.

I know it’s just work stuff but this was effort & energy I was expending every day and it really helped more than one person. I got a new job and leaving on a beautiful high note because of it.

Very inspiring!  Santa I am sure has taken notice.

Dec 25 17 07:57 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

LeboGraphics wrote:

Very inspiring!  Santa I am sure has taken notice.

Thank you!
I think Santa gave me the new job where my work ethic will be handsomely rewarded:)
I believe!

Dec 27 17 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Thank you!
I think Santa gave me the new job where my work ethic will be handsomely rewarded:)
I believe!

Congratulations and Good Luck!     smile

Dec 27 17 03:24 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

Congratulations and Good Luck!     smile

Thank you Jerry!
smile

Dec 27 17 03:36 pm Link