Forums > Critique > New Photos Uploaded: Would Love Feedback <3

Photographer

AaronMalloy

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Hey everyone! I am new to this platform and looking to get some professional feedback on my page and my photos. If you know anyone in the Cincinnati area tell them about me big_smile

Jan 02 18 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

AaronMalloy wrote:
...feedback...

Aaron the wardrobe and accessories on this narrative works...
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/171213/19/5a31eb4e60840.jpg
As well as this talent's ability to emote effectively into the lens...

What doesn't work is your choice of focal length... 35mm on an APS-C (1.6x Crop Factor) yields an effective 56mm focal length which is ideal for full length fashion albeit not so much for portraiture... It has caused this talent's hands to take up more real-estate then her face... Her beautiful facial features are diminished in importance here as well as her enchanting makeup artistry... Additionally since they are closer to the Key light they are brighter than her face... again a distraction.

Best advice? Work with a wardrobe stylist if you wish to take your imagery to the next level... Shooting scantly clad females reduces your perceived worth and religates you to the same level as all the other GWC's on Mayhem. Which I feel is a shame since some of your imagery shows much promise...

Like this lovely capture... which is enchanting but still is at 35mm... i.e. 56mm effective...
Maybe consider more in the 100mm to 200mm range for portraiture, k?
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/171213/18/5a31e92f2cf38.jpg

If you wish to be taken seriously then take agency worthy images...
Need an example? Study the books of those on DNA's Development Board...
Once you are at that level you will likely have arrived...

AaronMalloy wrote:
...If you know anyone in the Cincinnati area tell them about me...

Aaron Mayhem has an excellent Casting Function which I suggest you become one with...

Hope this helps or is at least food for thought...
I wish you well on your journey Aaron...

Jan 02 18 03:02 pm Link