Forums > Model Colloquy > No electricity

Photographer

noir

Crewe, England, United Kingdom

Was in Carlisle 2005 January,  Floods.  Winter minimal daylight,  Floods, no power. phones, Police, fire, council -vehicles wiped out.

Out of curiosity, with no grid electricity or emergency services - what would you do

Apr 03 18 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Creative Image

Avon, Connecticut, US

Buff Vagabond.  No modeling light, of course.  Happened to me last week, in studio.  Kept shooting.

Apr 04 18 10:02 am Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

noir wrote:
Out of curiosity, with no grid electricity or emergency services - what would you do

first thing i would not do - is re-post a topic in the wrong forum where the original post was moved to the off topic forum where it belonged.

BrandiNettIB wrote:
This seems like it belongs in Off Topic.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/972309

if there is another reason for posting it in the model forum - then you should be more clear about why it should be here. there are 12v dc hair dryers, styling wands, lights, heaters as well as cartridge powered curling irons.

Apr 04 18 10:08 am Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

Leonard Gee Photography wrote:
if there is another reason for posting it in the model forum - then you should be more clear about why it should be here. there are 12v dc hair dryers, styling wands, lights, heaters as well as cartridge powered curling irons.

What good do my battery operated LED photo lights do, if the model can’t curl her hair?

Apr 04 18 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

I shot at an industrial building after Hurricane Sandy
Didnt find out power was out until I arrived, to late to inform model
I was doing a light paint shoot so it worked out perfectly
I was loaded with all kinds of flashlights and lanterns
Plus I was able to shoot areas of the building that were previously unusable due to not being able to shut down the lights

Apr 04 18 03:08 pm Link