Forums > Model Colloquy > Models!!! Guess what!!!!????

Photographer

Expression Unlimited

Oceanside, California, US

There are a LOT of models in your area.
We photographers use a MM search system to show us who is where want to shoot, the statistics we are searching for etc.  The images come up very small, with JUST YOUR AVATAR and statistics visible.

I just scrolled though a bunch to see who to hire.... and most did not get a click on to open.

Why??

Make sure you have statistics posted. Go check that your Avatar is a good Head shot that shows your face
.... or at least a very clear eye catching bikini shot (the shows your body without a lot of back ground or body paint or anything).

Otherwise you WILL be overlooked.

Jun 20 18 11:51 am Link

Photographer

markEdwardPhoto

Trumbull, Connecticut, US

I agree.
Very challenging when there is no clear head shot and incorrect or missing info. I don't think it's much to ask.

Mark

Jun 20 18 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

chrispan44B

San Diego, California, US

Right On, Bro!  (Unless that should have been, Right On, Sis!)

Irrelevantly I (also) observe.

Before posting a shot:
Know what MM will NOT post.  It may be the world's best shot but if MM doesn't like it....
Check for exposure - not what you may be displaying, but can you SEE what you've posted.  (OK, so I'm not a fan of low key shots, but and still....)

One more time, great comment.  Thank you.

Jun 21 18 01:25 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Where would we be without you.

Jun 21 18 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Include avatar,
Exclude seatbelts,
Etc.

Jun 21 18 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

Springfield Fotografiya

Springfield, Missouri, US

Laura UnBound wrote:

The ones who don't take his advice can still be fun to photograph.  Before I joined MM, I never would have guessed how many photogenic 120-year-old models with 0" waists there are!  I don't worry about it too much though since by the time they show up, the youth serum seems to have worked and their waists have expanded to a healthy size that keeps them from breaking apart into two pieces.  His advice would make things more efficient.  But sometimes the "wild cards" turn out to be worth booking even though more educated guesswork based on portfolios and communication are needed.

Jun 21 18 11:53 pm Link

Photographer

TEB-Art Photo

Carrboro, North Carolina, US

Springfield Fotografiya wrote:

I never would have guessed how many photogenic 120-year-old models with 0" waists there are!

Yeah, that's one weird kink, ain't it? But, I guess tight corsets were more "the thing" a century ago.....

Jun 22 18 08:14 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Laura UnBound wrote:

You're my hero.

Right after the OP, of course wink

Jun 25 18 04:57 am Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

I'm makin' it work showing my unretouched ass. I've only been at this a decade though, so what do I know?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Jun 25 18 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

MoRina wrote:
I'm makin' it work showing my unretouched ass. I've only been at this a decade though, so what do I know?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

smile smile !

Jun 25 18 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

Michael DBA Expressions

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

MoRina wrote:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Evidently a lot.

Hey, btw, if I were as young and good looking as you, I'd be modeling, too. But the demand for fat, bald, 70 year old men is pretty darn small.

Jun 25 18 02:28 pm Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

Michael DBA Expressions wrote:
Evidently a lot.

Hey, btw, if I were as young and good looking as you, I'd be modeling, too. But the demand for fat, bald, 70 year old men is pretty darn small.

We all have our crosses to bear....

smile

Jun 25 18 03:48 pm Link