Forums > Model Colloquy > What is appealing about shibari?

Photographer

Znude!

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
http://illusion.scene360.com/art/97256/ … otography/

As a photographer these pictures......

As a participant not sure....

Wow. The one of the woman hanging from a tree over water would be extremely dangerous here in Louisiana. We would call that gator bait.

Mar 05 19 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

shibarifann

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Mar 14 19 06:01 am Link

Photographer

shibarifann

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Mar 14 19 06:01 am Link

Photographer

NFGphoto

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

ZMPHOT   wrote:
My reaction to the subject is that it is unadulterated KINK...None of the female models  ever are smiling...

I shoot a lot of shibari (instagram: NFGrope, a badly chosen name I know) and there are plenty of smiling models in there. 

I am totally uninterested in bondage as a kink thing.  No judgement on those who do like it that way, but it's not for me.  I do it for several reasons:

1. It's a challenge.  It's really very difficult to do, and I like seeing my progress as I improve my skills.
2. My models love it.  As audience and as participants, it's incredibly popular.
3. Finally, an answer to the question 'what do I do with my arms!?'
4. It's about trust.  My models trust me to be responsible with them while they're bound, and I take that seriously.

Generally I only work with models I've shot before - getting that close to a stranger is a very different dynamic.

So no, it's not a kink thing, not for everyone.  And hey, it's not for everyone, but it sure seems to be for a lot of people.  smile

Mar 19 19 05:45 am Link

Photographer

AgX

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

NFGphoto wrote:
3. Finally, an answer to the question 'what do I do with my arms!?'

I very much enjoyed this. smile

Mar 19 19 06:00 am Link