Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Well, I'm DONE !

Photographer

PhillipM

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I no longer have my studio of 15 years.  It was a great run, and loved every minute that I had it.  I just wasn't shooting enough in it in the last year or so to warrant property taxes, insurance, mortgage payment on it.  I closed on the bld last week.

Sigh.....

Anyhoooooo, I'm looking to purchase a around a 16 x 40'  building to set up at my home, and use it for my darkroom ventures,  acrylic pouring, airplane repairs, and other things I'd like to do.

So far, I'm not having any withdraws from my studio, but I do drive by there from time to time just to see if they have started to absolutely re-do the whole building.

Nov 19 18 05:53 am Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

Great business decision, lousy emotional decision. You had to do it, but you didn't have to like it.  I did a similar thing in selling our home when I retired, so I feel your pain.

OTOH, you're free to refashion your professional life - that could be fun.

Nov 19 18 08:15 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

See Mr. P, now ya can become a cowboy or an astronaut  .  .  .  wink  The pangs will pass, and when the tax bills, the electric bills, the mortgage payment, the insurance bill, etc, etc, no longer show up to darken your mailbox, things will seem much brighter  .  .  . 

SOS

Nov 19 18 08:30 am Link

Photographer

PhillipM

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Yes, it's a nice feeling to unload the debt, and reoccurring monthly bills, I have to admit. 

I was really having a bad taste in my mouth, when I had to pay city taxes, all the while watching City Hall spend like drunk'n sailors on leave, all the while asking me to pay for there habit.

Paid off the loan on the bld, credit cards, and my SUV. 

To be honest, I've been moving out of the studio for 2 months now piece by piece so I'm at a point where I don't even think about going there. 

It's all good.

On Forward !

Nov 19 18 04:57 pm Link