Forums > Accomplishments, Achievements and High Fives > Finally retired from my main day job!!!!

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Phew!!!

While I will still work I am no longer bound by that full time-on call everyday Active Service grind. It really was "Honor and privilege," gave a lot more than it took and that is saying a lot!!!

I also realize I'm a lot more freer in my modeling too. The only thing I added to my genre was feet/fet because every single foot photographer who ever contacted me was very gracious and kind in the request and in accepting the refusal.

I am not sure how it'll go.but I'm hoping to do some bridal.runway in my new town , ( wish me luck with that one)

Uncle Sam is gifting me some college too and since I have a horse I am going to see if I can add Equine Science to my degree list, (I'm licensed in healthcare but after 30 years in hospitals it is very nice to see the light of day!!!

Thank you for reading. I've been officially out for a few months but it just dawned on me this week that I "am" technically-officially-legit-retired!! Shoot hoot!
Jen

Dec 08 18 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

High Five, Jen!

Dec 08 18 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Congrats !

Dec 08 18 11:54 pm Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Thank you very much!

While the transition isn't totally rosy it is not bad at all!!!

Jen

Dec 09 18 06:04 am Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

Congrats!

Mostly it just means you can set down when you know you should. :-)

Note: My daughter has her BSN working on the masters.

Dec 09 18 06:29 am Link

Photographer

Bob Helm Photography

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

Congratulations, retirement is a great as long as you stay active, healthy and view it as a new beginning .
Enjoy.

Dec 09 18 08:15 am Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Los Angeles, California, US

Jen B wrote:
Phew!!!

While I will still work I am no longer bound by that full time-on call everyday Active Service grind. It really was "Honor and privilege," gave a lot more than it took and that is saying a lot!!!

I also realize I'm a lot more freer in my modeling too. The only thing I added to my genre was feet/fet because every single foot photographer who ever contacted me was very gracious and kind in the request and in accepting the refusal.

I am not sure how it'll go.but I'm hoping to do some bridal.runway in my new town , ( wish me luck with that one)

Uncle Sam is gifting me some college too and since I have a horse I am going to see if I can add Equine Science to my degree list, (I'm licensed in healthcare but after 30 years in hospitals it is very nice to see the light of day!!!

Thank you for reading. I've been officially out for a few months but it just dawned on me this week that I "am" technically-officially-legit-retired!! Shoot hoot!
Jen

Congratulations

Dec 09 18 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Nice one!

Dec 10 18 04:06 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

LA StarShooter wrote:

Congratulations

LA Starshooter thank you so much!!

From our friendship I know you fully understood the side tension from my job and I'm.very grateful.for your friendship!!!

Dec 10 18 06:24 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

From time to time you posted about some of the darker sides of your professional life.  I hope that the days are all brighter now.  Enjoy your horse and the sunshine and share some of these exciting pictures of your toes someday smile  I hope your injuries are healed.

Dec 10 18 08:10 am Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Oh...Well.... I just became retired....Since I started working before my eighteen birthday, maybe its time....
But I will miss working with young(er) people and have to learn how to be a retiree.....A new chapter and a challenge
and make the best of it....
Just don't want to hear from the people my age (75) about the good old days. I learn more from the younger generations!

Dec 10 18 05:15 pm Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Hunter  GWPB wrote:
From time to time you posted about some of the darker sides of your professional life.  I hope that the days are all brighter now.  Enjoy your horse and the sunshine and share some of these exciting pictures of your toes someday smile  I hope your injuries are healed.

Hello and thank you!!

I will likely have some permanent damage from the broken ankle and so.e broken sacral bones but, once I'm .going and warned up it seems ok!<3!

Dec 10 18 08:22 pm Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
Oh...Well.... I just became retired....Since I started working before my eighteen birthday, maybe its time....
But I will miss working with young(er) people and have to learn how to be a retiree.....A new chapter and a challenge
and make the best of it....
Just don't want to hear from the people my age (75) about the good old days. I learn more from the younger generations!

Awe!! Ifigureretired just means, "new chapter and new chance!" Fresh start and statting over!
Jen

Dec 10 18 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Ah. Retirement. The real lesson in time management.

Congratulations, Jen. You're gonna love it.

Dec 11 18 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Jen B wrote:
Phew!!!

Jen

Congratulations my dear friend!

Freedom will take a while to get adjusted to!  smile

Hugs!

Dec 17 18 07:30 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

I'm not sure I've ever really had a "day job"  .  .  .  wink  Irregardless, welcome to the land of beach bums, day drinkers, cleaning procrastinators, sleep 'til noon, miscreants that I so lovingly embrace!  My good friend Anne is retiring from her Fortune 500, managerial position after 35 years come the end of the year, I told her I was gonna put her through an arduous 3 month detox program to rid her of all ties to "that" life  .  .  .  I think I'll send her down to live on Captain Joe's boat moored at the marina on Stock Island, and conveniently located within crawlin' distance of the Hogfish Bar  .  .  .  I've set up an open tab for her enjoyment, we'll see if she can indeed break the one day record for intake of Mezcal  .  .  .  wink  I'm sure she'd welcome some witty company Miss J, how soon kin ya be packed  .  .  .

SOS

Dec 17 18 07:45 am Link

Photographer

Gryph

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Congrats.  So does this mean you'll become like a tumble weed and just "roll through" when the wind blows?

Dec 17 18 11:19 am Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

udor wrote:

Congratulations my dear friend!

Freedom will take a while to get adjusted to!  smile

Hugs!

<3<3!!!
Thank you!!

Dec 17 18 06:51 pm Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Gryph wrote:
Congrats.  So does this mean you'll become like a tumble weed and just "roll through" when the wind blows?

Hi!
Oh I'll do more than roll through!! I became a local resident in mid September!!! β˜ΊπŸ‘β˜ΊπŸ’“

Dec 17 18 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Shibley

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Congrats on retirement!

Dec 17 18 08:50 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

sospix wrote:
I'm not sure I've ever really had a "day job"  .  .  .  wink  Irregardless, welcome to the land of beach bums, day drinkers, cleaning procrastinators, sleep 'til noon, miscreants that I so lovingly embrace!  My good friend Anne is retiring from her Fortune 500, managerial position after 35 years come the end of the year, I told her I was gonna put her through an arduous 3 month detox program to rid her of all ties to "that" life  .  .  .  I think I'll send her down to live on Captain Joe's boat moored at the marina on Stock Island, and conveniently located within crawlin' distance of the Hogfish Bar  .  .  .  I've set up an open tab for her enjoyment, we'll see if she can indeed break the one day record for intake of Mezcal  .  .  .  wink  I'm sure she'd welcome some witty company Miss J, how soon kin ya be packed  .  .  .

SOS

Hahaha! I'm always packed!! I live in an rv motor home!! β˜ΊπŸ‘πŸ‘

Dec 18 18 07:26 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jim Shibley wrote:
Congrats on retirement!

Thank you sir!!

Dec 18 18 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

sospix