Forums > General Industry > Instagram down? Any better sites?

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

As the title asks?

Mar 13 19 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

Michael DBA Expressions

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

FaceTube, too. I'm sure it's a massive liberal/conservative/Republican/Democratic/Nazi/Commie plot to destroy the minds of half the population. Tomorrow the zombies come, I'm sure.

Seriously, I wonder what the heck is going on.

Mar 13 19 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

"GOOGLE, FACEBOOK widespread outages; Fears of massive DDoS denied..."

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/03/1 … ok_outage/

Mar 13 19 03:21 pm Link

guide forum

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

I think it's just the Russian/Korean hackers  taking a break and looking at all the pictures of pretty girls.

Mar 13 19 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

Dorola

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I have been with MM for 10 years now. It is not everything that I want, but is far less bother than FB or IG. I've had about 600 successful shoots with models from MM and about 300 attempts that failed. Things are far worse on IG and FB. The messaging system has never been good and many of the so-called models have so much anxiety that they drop communications and ghost. People went to the social media platforms because it was free and they didn't have to do much work to set up a page. Some thought that they were going to get rich. Look at what happened today. You don't pay for it so they really owe you nothing, but they want to mine your data.

Mar 13 19 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Michael DBA Expressions wrote:
FaceTube, too. I'm sure it's a massive liberal/conservative/Republican/Democratic/Nazi/Commie plot to destroy the minds of half the population. Tomorrow the zombies come, I'm sure.

Seriously, I wonder what the heck is going on.

Its just Zuckerberg reminding us that he is in charge

Mar 13 19 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Des Moines, Iowa, US

One site that is a bit better than Instagram is Model Mayhem.   At least the slowness on MM is due to declining use more than from hackers or server problems.

Mar 13 19 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

CaliModels

Los Angeles, California, US

I know one photographer that only uses Instagram, and seems to have good success

Mar 13 19 11:08 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Abbitt Photography wrote:
One site that is a bit better than Instagram is Model Mayhem.   At least the slowness on MM is due to declining use more than from hackers or server problems.

I would think if a networking website is exponentially declining due to lack of use, That would NOT make it better than one that is widely popular and used by millions every second of the day.
Yes MM has specific features but IG is now the first form of sight and communication that can get a conversation going over To MM.
So it depends on what you think "better" means.

Mar 15 19 05:54 pm Link