Photographer

r4u

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Ready for critiques as usual wink
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/40498175

My aim is to show nude pic with no nudity to bypass the silly censorship of social networks which paradoxically allow extreme violence (racism, sexism, insults, extremism, terrorism etc.)

No retouches

Mar 30 19 06:40 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

You've met your stated goal in the OP.

I find it difficult to critique because I wonder what story you are telling? It may tell that story but I just am unable to parse it.

She is lovely.

Apr 01 19 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Philip Brown

Long Beach, California, US

r4u wrote:
Ready for critiques as usual wink
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/40498175

My aim is to show nude pic with no nudity to bypass the silly censorship of social networks which paradoxically allow extreme violence (racism, sexism, insults, extremism, terrorism etc.)

No retouches

about the only thing to be said:
eyes need sharpening.

Apr 10 19 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

Photo Art by LJ

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The plain wall background and plain red couch cover give it a more ordinary feel, but otherwise she is posed nicely.

Image seems a touch soft... might be due to using a cheaper lens.

Retouching could improve the skin if used judiciously.

Apr 14 19 02:04 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

After looking again I do have comments.

Based on how huge her feet are (and the tight crop), it appears you had limited space and shot close in with a wide angle lens.

Sometimes that works, this time not so much. I would like to see more space above her head and a little more below her shoes. Overall I think this image would have looked better if you could get farther back and zoom in while leaving just a bit of extra space.

The sliver of light across the lower right side would have been easy to fix prior to snapping the shutter. A detail but I was distracted by it.

Again, without knowing the intention I find it difficult to parse the model's expression. It is my impression that she has had a few good bong hits since she appears to be staring blankly into space. I am not saying that is good or bad, it may well be the story you wanted to tell and she just went blank for the image.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Michael

Apr 15 19 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

r4u

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Thanks for yours comments.
you speak mainly of technique when I point the hypocrisy of the social networks towards the naked while the violence, the racism, the discriminations (sexism, homophobia, etc) are tolerated there sad

May 01 19 09:14 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

r4u wrote:
Thanks for yours comments.
you speak mainly of technique when I point the hypocrisy of the social networks towards the naked while the violence, the racism, the discriminations (sexism, homophobia, etc) are tolerated there sad

My first comment in the first critique was:

"You've met your stated goal in the OP. "

We are not here to discuss anything but your image, discussions of politics and religion are not condoned by Model Mayhem and this is a critique forum for work created.

I was wondering if there was any other story? Often we create something to try and tell a story, true?
And, intent aside, if a photo could possibly be improved would it not legitmize the message behind it more effectively?

Cheers,
Michael

May 01 19 10:46 am Link