Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > High Back Office Chair

Photographer

Kevin Fair

Palm Coast, Florida, US

I bought a leather office chair back in the 90's and the leather is still in perfect shape. The sides that weren't leather started to crack after about 7 or 8 years. I still use it in my garage.

Last 2 chairs I bought lasted about a year before the micro thin layer of leather started peeling off. I have to vacuum around the chair everyday I'm using now.

I spend a lot of time in my office and need a high back chair that will be comfortable, and hopefully not flake off all over my floor.

I really like leather, but I guess they don't make them like they use too.

Any suggestions?

Apr 30 19 03:45 pm Link

Artist/Painter

ethasleftthebuilding

Key West, Florida, US

I have a BodyBilt high back leather office chair that is about 10 years old.  It is an amazing adjustable and comfortable chair and the leather is still in great shape.

Apr 30 19 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

If you have thrift stores in your area, start shopping.

Be patient and choosy. Leather is only good if it is top-notch, heavy duty fabric is the most durable, breathes well and does not get sticky in hot weather.

I often find very high quality office chairs at thrift stores for under $10. I seek the armless type, I play guitar and bass and have a home project studio, chair arms are an obstruction. I don't worry about maintenance, I just buy a different chair and donate the old one back where I got it.

I brought home a dental hygenist stool from Starvation Army once and a dentist friend asked me where I got it. I told him, paid $12 for it. He said "I have 3 of the exact same stools in my office and they cost me $650 apiece."

Apr 30 19 09:47 pm Link