Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Does anyone shoot with the Canon EOS R?

I am very intrigued by this camera and would like to hear from actual users/owners their take on this Full Frame Mirrorless, especially when it comes to model shoots and location work.
I've been playing with the idea of moving up from my Fujifilm X system. That wide range of fast EF L glass on a native full frame sensor has captured my attention lately.

Before you say "for $300 more you can get the 5D IV"... yes but once you go mirrorless it's hard to go back to big ole noisy and clunky DSLR bodies... and yes, I will probably miss having dual card slots, but there are always work-arounds.

May 08 19 10:16 pm Link

Photographer

Loki Studio

Royal Oak, Michigan, US

I do prefer my EOS R to a 5Dmk4, but mostly because i like the feel in the hand, nice viewfinder, full frame/ 1.6 crop option, and using live LCD for product work.  Weight is almost the same once you add the lens adapter.  Fast Canon 2.8 lenses are heavier than Fuji, so you will not save any weight.

May 08 19 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Loki Studio wrote:
I do prefer my EOS R to a 5Dmk4, but mostly because i like the feel in the hand, nice viewfinder, full frame/ 1.6 crop option, and using live LCD for product work.  Weight is almost the same once you add the lens adapter.  Fast Canon 2.8 lenses are heavier than Fuji, so you will not save any weight.

I just like that native L glass will work seamless on their mirrorless body (w/adapter) regardless of weight. I'm seriously considering it as my FF option to my Fujis. I originally wanted to go GFX MF but that is at least twice the price for a body lens kit, can't afford that right now.

May 11 19 10:13 am Link