Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Please critique my portfolio..

Retoucher

Serhii Khomyk

Posts: 21

Luts'k, Volyns'ka, Ukraine

Hello everyone, I want to hear the opinion of professionals, I have been dealing with retouching for a year, six months as my level of retouching has become profitable, but now there are no customers at all, why so, maybe my retouching is not good enough?

Jun 29 20 02:58 am Link

Photographer

Fist Full of Ish

Posts: 2293

Pasco, Washington, US

I am not a professional, but I've had accounts on MM since 2007.  I've seen a lot of retoucher pages, and your's is the best I've seen.  I like the two side-by-sides followed by the blow up.  I think it's essential, at least for some of us.  Some of it looks great to me, but I won't critique because I don't have the eye for it.  One thing though, what is the thing under the chin in this photo?  It looks odd for a retouched pic, at least in my part of the world:

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/200529/03/5ed0dd54d8ffa_m.jpg

Maybe it's a cultural thing?

Jul 02 20 01:12 am Link

Retoucher

Serhii Khomyk

Posts: 21

Luts'k, Volyns'ka, Ukraine

Fist Full of Ish wrote:
I am not a professional, but I've had accounts on MM since 2007.  I've seen a lot of retoucher pages, and your's is the best I've seen.  I like the two side-by-sides followed by the blow up.  I think it's essential, at least for some of us.  Some of it looks great to me, but I won't critique because I don't have the eye for it.  One thing though, what is the thing under the chin in this photo?  It looks odd for a retouched pic, at least in my part of the world:

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/200529/03/5ed0dd54d8ffa_m.jpg

Maybe it's a cultural thing?

Thank you for your feedback, for me it is very important and I am very pleased)
at the expense of the chin, to be honest just did not pay attention, maybe it seemed normal, not sure

Jul 03 20 10:51 am Link

Photographer

Fist Full of Ish

Posts: 2293

Pasco, Washington, US

Serhii Khomyk wrote:

Thank you for your feedback, for me it is very important and I am very pleased)
at the expense of the chin, to be honest just did not pay attention, maybe it seemed normal, not sure

In light of the fact that you can't explain that, it's a problem.  The retouched photo should show no sign of it.  'Textbook example of a distraction.

Jul 06 20 12:16 am Link

Retoucher

Serhii Khomyk

Posts: 21

Luts'k, Volyns'ka, Ukraine

Fist Full of Ish wrote:
In light of the fact that you can't explain that, it's a problem.  The retouched photo should show no sign of it.  'Textbook example of a distraction.

Тhe only problem is that there is no problem. for me it's a chin all right, I don't see any flaws, in case my customer asks to change it, I'll change, it's a matter of taste most of all.

Jul 07 20 06:07 am Link

Photographer

Zeelon

Posts: 22

Salem, Oregon, US

What Fist is noticing is the small portion of the ear ring on the back side of the model under the chin.  It is detracting because there is a light piece under the chin that seems to be out of place even though it is what is really there.  If you took it out you would see what we mean.

Jut rough it out and see what you think.

Jul 17 20 09:01 pm Link

Retoucher

Serhii Khomyk

Posts: 21

Luts'k, Volyns'ka, Ukraine

Zeelon wrote:
What Fist is noticing is the small portion of the ear ring on the back side of the model under the chin.  It is detracting because there is a light piece under the chin that seems to be out of place even though it is what is really there.  If you took it out you would see what we mean.

Jut rough it out and see what you think.

Now i understand, thanks!

Jul 20 20 05:07 am Link