Forums > Critique > Modeling Critique - New Member

Model

mc373

Coral Springs, Florida, US

Hi! I was thinking of modeling and looking for an objective view of my strengths and weaknesses.

Also, any suggestions on current models that I can look up for creative inspiration would be beneficial. I am trying to figure out what "look" or mood would work best for me.

All photos are unedited.

Dec 13 20 07:50 am Link

Photographer

WEST IMAGE

Agoura Hills, California, US

Hi.  You have a very good, masculine look as well as great bone-structure and physique which show in your current set of pics.  A good photographer will help bring out different aspects of your potential in terms of alternate poses, facial expressions and angles.   Currently there is a singularity in your expression that does not showcase much variation in terms of what other types you might be able to do.  Work on those, or find an experienced photographer who knows how to direct for such things.

At 23, and without too many bad pictures that might have already hurt your chances in your present portfolio; if you are looking for work (as a real model in the professional industry) Wilhelmina Models -  Miami, is the only agency I'd recommend for giving that a shot.  No affiliation here, and no promise of available work from them, or being signed, but they're the only ones I know of who do the whole thing "legitimate industry level" in terms of representation, connections, and bookings.

Visit their site and follow their instructions for submission.  If they like you they'll move forward to see what can be done; all without fees, desperation, down payments, or act now pressure.

Dec 13 20 08:41 am Link

Model

mc373

WEST IMAGE wrote:
Hi.  You have a very good, masculine look as well as great bone-structure and physique which show in your current set of pics.  A good photographer will help bring out different aspects of your potential in terms of alternate poses, facial expressions and angles.   Currently there is a singularity in your expression that does not showcase much variation in terms of what other types you might be able to do.  Work on those, or find an experienced photographer who knows how to direct for such things.

At 23, and without too many bad pictures that might have already hurt your chances in your present portfolio; if you are looking for work (as a real model in the professional industry) Wilhelmina Models -  Miami, is the only agency I'd recommend for giving that a shot.  No affiliation here, and no promise of available work from them, or being signed, but they're the only ones I know of who do the whole thing "legitimate industry level" in terms of representation, connections, and bookings.

Visit their site and follow their instructions for submission.  If they like you they'll move forward to see what can be done; all without fees, desperation, down payments, or act now pressure.

Thank you! You are correct on the singularity. It has been difficult finding what looks well, but I will explore. If you know of any examples that I could look at please let me know! I will also check out Wilhelmina - Miami.

Dec 13 20 08:55 am Link

Photographer

Rough Hewn Images

Salem, Oregon, US

mc373 wrote:
Thank you! You are correct on the singularity. It has been difficult finding what looks well, but I will explore. If you know of any examples that I could look at please let me know! I will also check out Wilhelmina - Miami.

West Image has some good suggestion.  Take some time and go thought MM's male models, use the Browse section and look all over, you will start to see trends of what to think about.  Use a mirror to try some of the poses and if you can find a good photographer to help you out to get started.

Dec 13 20 03:54 pm Link

Model

mc373

Rough Hewn Images wrote:

West Image has some good suggestion.  Take some time and go thought MM's male models, use the Browse section and look all over, you will start to see trends of what to think about.  Use a mirror to try some of the poses and if you can find a good photographer to help you out to get started.

Will do just that. Thanks!

Dec 13 20 05:15 pm Link