Forums > General Industry > Canon EOS M50

Photographer

Greg Knoll Photography

Denver, Colorado, US

I was using the Canon Rebel T6 and it did just fine for what I was after, lost it in a move and was considering just buying another one but there's just something appealing about going mirrorless.

Would you say it's comparable to what I was using before? A good option for a semi-pro hobbyist?

Thank you for the info.

Apr 21 21 11:50 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

thats unfortunate sad
get whatever gear inspires you to create, as long as its compatible to your work flow.

Apr 23 21 12:23 pm Link

Clothing Designer

veypurr

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Greg Knoll Photography wrote:
I was using the Canon Rebel T6 and it did just fine for what I was after, lost it in a move and was considering just buying another one but there's just something appealing about going mirrorless.

Would you say it's comparable to what I was using before? A good option for a semi-pro hobbyist?

Thank you for the info.

I own 2 M50's and T6. If you owned the T6 before you will be very satisfied with the M50.

Apr 23 21 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Camera Buff

Maryborough, Queensland, Australia

Greg Knoll Photography wrote:

Thank you for the info.

There's more reasons to prefer the Canon EOS M50 over the Rebel T6.
https://www.apotelyt.com/compare-camera … s-canon-t6

Apr 24 21 08:53 am Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

I find the Canon M50 kind of appealing as a very inexpensive way
to get my feet wet in mirrorless without going for a 3 lens R5 setup.

Apr 24 21 04:23 pm Link

Clothing Designer

veypurr

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

veypurr wrote:

I own 2 M50's and T6. If you owned the T6 before you will be very satisfied with the M50.

One drawback with the M50 is the grip is very small. It's not a great camera for shooting for extended periods.

Apr 25 21 02:05 pm Link

Model

Shura

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

I wouldn't recommend an M50. Especially not brand new.. It's a crop sensor camera and you can get a better camera for a similar budget.  I would go with at least an R or RP.

May 03 21 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

FoxForceFive

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Does anyone have any modeling images shot on an M50?  Either in your portfolio or accessible elsewhere?

Aug 01 21 06:54 am Link