Forums > Photography Talk > Male models on this site

Photographer

Inukshuk Photography

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

As a photographer who works with males mostly, I am noticing that less and less attention is being paid on this site to male models. As well, participation of photographers featuring male models has also seemingly declined. Is there a reason why MM has, at least in my opinion, become less interested in featuring male models? Is MM making any effort to promote male models? It would be sad to lose this market, as I am sure others might seek to fill the void. It would be sad if MM lost it's opportunity to market male models to a greater extent.

Nov 25 21 10:27 am Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Activity on MM is declining as a whole in all areas

Nov 25 21 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Inukshuk Photography wrote:
As a photographer who works with males mostly, I am noticing that less and less attention is being paid on this site to male models. As well, participation of photographers featuring male models has also seemingly declined. Is there a reason why MM has, at least in my opinion, become less interested in featuring male models? Is MM making any effort to promote male models? It would be sad to lose this market, as I am sure others might seek to fill the void. It would be sad if MM lost it's opportunity to market male models to a greater extent.

Yes. MM should be marketing male models.

Oh, BTW:
"Member #3394786 was not found.
Please make sure you entered the correct member’s ID and try again.
Go back to the homepage"

Nov 25 21 04:50 pm Link

Clothing Designer

veypurr

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Brooklyn Bridge Images wrote:
Activity on MM is declining as a whole in all areas

You are correct.

Nov 25 21 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

I think the MM images you see are mostly a function of what users post, what members vote for in contests and what you decide to search for and view, more than any decision on the part of MM.   I’m sure you can find hundreds if not thousands of male model photos once you find the right lists.

As others have said, there’s less participation in general, that’s not unique to photographers who focus on male models, that’s across the board.

Nov 25 21 10:11 pm Link