Forums > Photography Talk > Gordon Parks

Photographer

Beauty Grenade

Ironton, Ohio, US

Generally, I don't follow or have much awareness of some of the great photographers. Usually, I'm more entranced by an impressionist painter.
However, once in a while, I will see an image from one of the greats, and I am humbled.
There is currently a travelling exhibit in our local museum entitled "Memories & Inspiration: The Kerry and C. Betty Davis Collection of African American Art". It is an exceptional exhibition, displaying multiple mediums and styles, including photography.
And one of the photos is from Gordon Parks. I have walked by this image many times in the last 3 weeks, and every single time, I see something different, something new. Truly a work of art.
Should you be in the Huntington, WV area, it will be on display until mid June (Huntington museum of Art). After that, I think it goes to Chattanooga, TN.

And even if it's not a photography exhibit, go see some art!

Apr 13 22 11:12 am Link

Photographer

Perfect Exposure

New York, New York, US

Glad that you made this post and thanks for this information. Gordon Parks was a great Photographer who influenced many (myself included), so it's good to hear that an old professional is being recognized in this era.

Apr 14 22 12:18 am Link

Photographer

LnN Studio

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

He was a great and accomplished artists in several fields. he was supposed to be the commencement speaker at my daughters graduation and I was looking forward to it but health reasons kept him away and he passed shortly after.

Apr 14 22 08:25 am Link