Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Getting your hair cut

Photographer

KMFoto

Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Curious as to the feelings models have about cutting their hair. I've done any number of shoots and had models that don't mind what you do and some that think that cutting their hair is next to an amputation. I'm always slightly amused at models with tattoos that will NOT get a short haircut. (One is permanent, the other grows back)

Curious as to the way some models feel about getting their hair cut and how much money they expect for it.

Sep 07 22 11:23 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

My hair makes me money. I've been hired numerous times for it. But also, I have just had long hair my entire life and I am used to it. I find that photographers find it refreshing to have options with hair. Up or down?

I once had a photographer offer me 2k to shave my head and I laughed at him.

Sep 19 22 03:31 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

KMFoto wrote:
Curious as to the feelings models have about cutting their hair. I've done any number of shoots and had models that don't mind what you do and some that think that cutting their hair is next to an amputation. I'm always slightly amused at models with tattoos that will NOT get a short haircut. (One is permanent, the other grows back)

Curious as to the way some models feel about getting their hair cut and how much money they expect for it.

Yea, you're talking about the European market (Grüss Gott, bin eine Wienerin), so you're all used to chicks with short hair,  both, on their heads and under their pits.
That does not fly the world over.

Hair does make money.
A hair show alone can earn a model hundreds for a few hours..
I've had short hair most of my life, for practicality reasons. I've been turned down many times when folks found that most of my "long hair" work was shot with wigs and hair pieces.

Plus, to grow out nice hair costs a lot of money and even more time:
Think of your favorite sweater,  it has been through the wash 1097 times, and that's what it looks like. Apply that to hair, washing, styling, product in, product out... it all takes a toll ...

A luscious mane doesn't just happen on someone's head..

Sep 21 22 03:02 pm Link