Eggers ImagesPhotographer Male Costa Mesa, California, US My MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/TopTweens
Mayhem # 1189662
About MeI'm a Southern California photographer who spent most of his career handling editorial assignments for magazines, newspapers and corporate publications, both on a staff and independent basis.
Over the years, I've done a lot of runway coverage, including things like LA, OC and Las Vegas Fashion Weeks, and I've done quite a bit of studio work. But my preference is working on location.
I've also had considerable experience shooting lifestyles and travel.
My work has been carried by numerous national magazines and major daily newspapers. Along the way, my articles and photographs have been featured in some of the top photo publications in the country. I've also taught photography and modeling seminars through various community education and extension programs, and I've written several books on photography.
I've cut way back on the number of assignments I handle now-a-days, so that I have more time to concentrate on shooting stock and working on personal projects.
WORKING WITH YOUNGER MODELS
I set this MM page up specifically for working with younger (under the age of 18) models. (I have a separate MM page for my fashion work.)
Most of the models I work with are in their late teens or early twenties, (I can provide a link to the fashion page, if interested), but I also do some casual fashion and recreational activity shoots with Junior models, in the age range from preteen to high school.
WORKING TOGETHER . . . . . . . . . . . . .(A model release is required for all shoots.)
All models under the age of 18 have to have a parent or legal guardian at the shoot, and to sign the release.
I'll do trade shoots with models that have agency, commercial, editorial, stock or artistic potential. I'm particularly interested in working with younger, talented, models just getting into the industry, who have the drive to succeed. and have a well developed fashion sense.
I have considerable experience coaching models for both print and runway, so attitude is more important than experience. While experience isn't that important, dependability and dedication are.
Parents are welcome, but in most cases, having other siblings along for the shoot is not a good idea, unless they also are modeling. Siblings tend to distract younger models, making them lose focus and reduce their attention span.
Bringing friends along is even more of a bad idea, again, unless they're also modeling. Friends are more distracting than siblings. No boyfriends, girlfriends or groups of friends can accompany models under 18. Also, no texting, tweeting or checking e-mail messages during the shoot.
There are a number of things that I'm working on:
* Beach/activity/lifestyle branded shoots (such A&F, Gap, Forever 21, H&M), including things like roller-blading, razor scooters, biking, beach volleyball, etc.
* Models/dancers/athletes with special talents or athletic abilities (such as gymnastics, aquatics, cheer, ballet, BMX, etc.).
* Costumes, characters and fantasy outfits. (very interested in shooting models with Thai, Indian, Irish, Mexican and similar ethnic costumes.)
* In-the-water/under water shots. (particularly interested in finding models with access to heated swimming pools.)
* Animal related themes, including animal patterned outfits such as zebra tights and leopard leotards, and actual exotic animals. (Any one have an elephant, giraffe or camel hidden in their closet??)
Models receive a CD with a dozen or more high-res images for each hour of modeling, generally within 10 to 14 days of the shoot.