September: Its been almost a year since I passed the bar and I find I'm still shooting a lot. I guess this is something I can't put down. Once again, I took the summer off to shoot and go camping and party and stuff. Now back to working without a camera in my hand.
Photography is both the science AND THE MAGIC of light. Who said that? well, I did. It's an AVD original. Hello, and welcome to my corner.
I'm a full time professional photographer. That means I've done pretty much everything at one time or an other (and survived to tell the tale). I refuse to specialize. It's just not my thing.
I'm available for most of the established genres but pretty clueless about someone of the more advance fetish work so unless I have a look you really want, booking me for that would be probably counterproductive.
I'm the ideas guy. I share them freely. Love my idea but want to steal it for a shoot with someone else? I won't mind. I got a few thousand more.
It comes with the territory of being a generalist. Actors book me for headshots and keep me for shows, cast parties and weddings (once they stop running long enough to get married). I've never been booked for a divorce party but I have some amazing ideas ready if anyone wants a divorce party to celebrate moving on. I've done runway fashion but never actually shot on a runway at an airport. If anyone wants the windblown look and planes as a backdrop I can set it up. I've done weddings and baptisms but no bar mitzvahs. There must be a reason.
For models I prefer to do a lot of the work in-camera and leave post to a minimum. I have a studio and it gets used every week, but I prefer location shots. To me a location is just another idea turned into a studio.
Because of this, I don't have a set 'workflow'. I wouldn't know one if it bit me on the ass. Everything is a creative process. I prefer it that way. It's not re-inventing the wheel. It's making new and different wheels every time. So, other than weddings, unless I invite you to shoot with me on a test, my rates are basically the booking fee for my time at the hourly $$$. Simple enough?
"Dan is a committed Sony Alpha Male. No exceptions"
"Dan only works 109% on weekends"
"Dan does not stop work at 5 or even 10PM. When others have finished their long day of work and headed to bed Dan is out on location in concert halls, clubs and convention centers setting up for a night's action. Dan brings the same physical intensity and stamina to a full night's event that he brought all day on location"
and here's a quote I didn't write. It has come to my attention that it needed to be said:
Dear Lovely Models - Some things you should know...
- My portfolio is an accurate reflection of what I prefer to shoot.
- I am also very much into 'agency friendly' looks and can offer this in addition to styles from my portfolio.
- I am willing to collaborate to give you what you need, so long as you can reciprocate.
- For testing, models must supply their own wardrobe. I do not hire stylists for tests.
- I am always looking for new locations for testing. If you have one, let me know.
- Cast and crew ONLY on set. No bodyguards, babysitters, or other non-contribuatory individuals.
- I am serious about the end of result, but a lot of fun to work with!
- I love models who are easy to work with, friendly and bring 100% to the shoot.
- I appreciate timely communication, clarity and detail. I am a detail oriented guy.
- I love cookies!