Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/LithiumImagery
I'm looking to direct my photography into the following areas of focus and seeking models both male and female who are interested in creating something out of the ordinary. I'm tired of doing pretty for pretty's sake.
The areas of interest are:
1. Creating images that have a narrative, different layers of meaning, have differing viewpoints, or at the very least provoke thought, focusing on concepts, themes and/or moods. This may involve taking standard genres, such as glamour, fashion, beauty, lingerie
2. Taking the banality of life and bringing something interesting to it. Banal in the sense of the commonplace and ordinary, not banal as in cliche.
3. Exploring social conventions, including social taboos, challenging concepts of aesthetics, and other subject matter that gives cause for critical thinking in the viewer.
4. Art nudes. This is probably as close as I'm interested in getting towards pretty for pretty's sake. Having said that, I like to mix up such a shoot with something a viewer doesn't expect.
5. Although have erotic listed as a genre, I'm not really interested in shooting erotica in it's usual sense. At least not in the style of Playboy, Hustler, MetArt, etc. I'm more interested in eroticism as a psychological concept.
If I haven't scared any prospective collaborators away yet, there are a couple of other things I will ask of you before committing to a shoot:
1. If you initiate contact with me for a potential shoot, I will ask what ideas you have that fit the areas of interest I've mentioned. I will state now that the response "Oh I don't mind, anything really," will make me lose interest unless you have some other outstanding quality. If you initiate contact with me, please have at least one idea in mind. The exception to this rule is deliberately shooting without any pre-conceived plan whatsoever ... no props, no planned poses, no planned wardrobe or makeup, no planned location beyond an initial meeting place. Just show up and shoot while we sit, walk, talk, or whatever.
2. I will ask if you're comfortable with nudity, especially if your profile indicates you will shoot nudes. Of course, if your profile blurb states that you aren't prepared to shoot nudes, or if in the initial email contact you say as much, I won't ask. Nudity isn't a component in all my ideas, but it is involved in some of them. Please don't be offended when I ask, it's purely so I can determine which of my ideas you may feel comfortable shooting.
3. If it's practical to do so, and if I haven't already met you, I will ask to meet in a public place prior to organising a shooting date to discuss potential ideas and so we both have an idea who we'll be working with. If you want to bring an escort to such a meeting, do so by all means. However, I will be asking questions 1 and 2, and discussing themes of a challenging nature. I suggest bringing along someone not of fragile sensibilities.
4. I do require model releases to be signed before shooting, either in advance or before I pick up the camera on the day.
Although what I've said above probably makes me sound like a sociopath in training, once I have my ideas fully developed and I know what is being aimed for before we begin to shoot, I am pretty easygoing during a shoot.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me.
Thanks for reading