Thanks for visiting my profile. My name is Scott, and I’m an experienced Photoshop expert specializing in digital photo retouching and restoration. I’m based just outside of Seattle, Washington in a small community called Snoqualmie. I have 18 years of experience with Photoshop, dating back to version 3.0 (way back in 1994).
For the retouching that I offer, my personal style tends to stay close to the natural look (as opposed to “over the top” or “plastic skin” effects), but I can be flexible depending on your needs and your timeline. For examples of my work, please refer to the pictures within my profile.
At this time I’m most interested in expanding my professional contact circles and building up my online portfolio, so I’m offering some of my services on a TF* basis, if the image provides variety against my existing portfolio. If you’re interested in utilizing my services or want more information before deciding, please contact me through Model Mayhem or send me an email at Scott@SnoValleyPhoto.com .
Thanks for stopping by!
For retouch work, I use a manual approach utilizing standard Photoshop tools that I've perfected over the last 15 years. I do not use "plug-ins", nor do I use blur filters, especially when working with skin. The methods I use are typical of high-end professional studios, and provide a very natural and organic final result. I utilize a non-destructive workflow, and typically fine-tune the result towards the end of the process. My ultimate goal is to enhance and perfect the image without over-processing. The best kind of compliment I can receive is "Wow, it doesn't look Photoshop'ed to me!
" -- exactly, when done correctly you shouldn't be able to point out the post-processing work that's been done to an image.
• You send me the raw untouched image(s), along with a small description of what you want done.
• I reply with a quote of how much the work will cost, and when I can have it done.
• If multiple images are involved, a small up-front deposit will be expected, usually 25% of the total.
• If you agree to the cost and delivery timeline, I process the images (if not, we're done - no strings attached).
• When I complete the image(s), I post a full-resolution watermarked copy for you to review online.
• If you approve of the work completed, you provide payment through PayPal.
• Upon payment received (PayPal payment confirmation), I send you the full-resolution un-watermarked copy.
HP Z800 Workstation
Dual calibrated Dell UltraSharp 3008WFP monitors
Wacom Intuos 3 9x12 Tablet
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Photoshop CS5 Extended
· Basic (global) color correction
· Basic (global) contrast/tone adjustments
· Minor blemish removal
· Skin smoothening
· Red-eye removal
· Teeth whiten
· (Includes all basic touchup items above)
· Advanced (localized) color correction
· Advanced (localized) contrast/tone adjustments
· Major blemish/scar/tattoo removal
· Minor body re-shaping
· Minor hair clean-up
· Eyes, lips, and make-up enhancements
· Hair color changes/highlights
· Virtual weight loss
· Breast enhancement or reduction
· (Includes all Basic and Advanced items above)
· Minor background removal/replacement/enhancement
· Object removal or cleanup
· Major body re-shaping
· Customized work -- anything not listed above
· All requests will be quoted and approved before work begins
[Q]: Do you use Blur when retouching skin?
[A]: Absolutely not! I consider Blur an unacceptable cheat that produces poor quality. I retouch skin at the pixel level, repairing rather than "hiding" imperfections. The result is repaired skin, where the texture remains intact.
[Q]: Do you do high-volume or "bulk" work?
[A]: No, I do not. The manual retouch methods I utilize take time -- on average about an hour (or more) per image.
[Q]: Do you do background replacements?
[A]: Yes I do, but only with high-quality professional images. Snapshots and other low-quality images are not acceptable.
[Q]: Do you do Nudes or Implied Nudes?
[Q]: Do you do TF*?
[A]: Typically No, however if you have an image to offer that I'd be interested in for my online portfolio, then I may be willing.
[Q]: What forms of payment do you accept?
[Q]: Do you offer discounts?
[A]: No, I do not. My standard rates are very competitive for the quality of work that I provide.