Al DobsonPhotographer Male Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
My Website: DeviantArt PortfolioMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/ald123
Mayhem # 1371600
About MeJust recently arrived in Niagara Falls, after eight years in Red Deer, Alberta.
I've enjoyed a sometimes tempestuous relationship with photography for more than twenty-five years now, first dabbling with 35mm as a hobby before moving into the realm of digital photography.
I consider myself an artist. My focus, my goal, my intent, is to harness the life and vibrancy of the moment, to capture the essense of my subject, to create a vision that will linger within the mind long after the eye leaves the image.
I do my own post-processing, drawing on more than ten years of dabbling in the murky realm of Photoshop to add yet further depth and substance to the images I craft. In the days of film, photographers had to rely on the Darkroom to bring their visions to fullest life. In the digital world, PhotoShop becomes that Darkroom and, as such, is a necessary component of the full production process.
I am currently accepting limited TFI (Time for Images) projects that are well thought out and that I feel will be of benefit to both our portfolios. Send me a message with your concept or theme and we will see what then transpires. For those looking to simply build their portfolios, my rates are more than reasonable and I will work with you to create the images that best reflect your areas of interest.
"A picture doesn't just say a thousand words, it captures a thousand memories." ~Adam Sternberg
Things I'd like to shoot:
Fantasy themes - 'adult' styled fairytales; vampires; medieval; roleplays; etc.
Grunge Shoots - graffiti backgrounds; gritty themes; belligerent, pompous demeanour, etc.
Workout Shoots - old-style gym theme, processed in B/W, gritty, sweaty, greasy, etc.
Artistic Nudes - implied or full, processed in B/W, soft tones.
Boudoir - low light, candle lighting for ambience, sultry lingerie, richly hued backgrounds, old-style furnishings, etc.
CreditsPhotographers I Have Worked With:
Inspired Blyss Mayhem #1050471
- An artist in the truest sense of the work. Completely dedicated and commited to achieving fresh, creative images no matter who or what she's shooting.
Models I Have Worked With:
Jynxxed Mayhem #822898
- A joy to work with! Full of energy and enthusiasm and more than willing to go that extra mile to get -the- shot. Highly recommended.
Angel Leah Mayhem #1437147
- Great attitude. Full of enthusiasm. Takes direction well. She is very comfortable before the camera and knows how to move and pose to achieve the best effects. A pleasure to have worked with her. Highly recommended.
Shicara Mayhen #896994
- A pleasure to work with. Takes direction well, enthusiastic, motivated, professional attitude.
T Racey M Mayhem #2173095
- A joy to work with. Takes direction well. Relaxed and comfortable with the camera.
Red Deer Museum and Art Gallery
- archival photography of exhibits , as well as special events photographer.