Hello, my name is Alan. I look forward to working with many of you in the "near" future! I will accept friend requests from those who have worked with me or desire to work with me.
Join me on FACEBOOK
My main interest is in shooting stock photography. I am always working on increasing my portfolio at many stock agencies including:
Fotolia as well as others.
I mainly shoot things pertaining to healthy lifestyles. This can be anything from food to exercise. Sports of all kinds are high on my priority list of shoots. I also enjoy studio work. I shoot a lot of head shots with a variety of facial expressions. I also photograph other parts of the body; hands, feet, legs, etc.
I also teach Travel Photography classes, so shoots that fit into this category are welcome as well.
I am always looking for interesting models for my shoots with something different to give. If you are interested in working with me, feel free to message me any time with your ideas and hopefully we can work together. When contacting me, please include you rates.
Just so you know, all of my studio shoots include myself (a man) and two female assistants. On location shots may be just myself, or my assistants may accompany me. It just depends on who is available. You would be more than welcome to have an escort if you desire.
Here are examples of a few of the book covers we have done.
TIPS FOR A MODEL WITH AN UPCOMING SHOOT
1) Arrive at the shoot on time or even a bit early. If you are late, this will take away from the time allotted for the shoot. This could also make it feel like the shoot is being rushed. Also, there is most likely someone scheduled after you.
2) Get plenty of rest the day before the shoot. Get a good night's sleep. This will keep you from looking tired during the shoot.
3) Keep jewelry to a minimum. Seeing the same necklace with different outfits takes away from the impact of the images. I ask that jewelry be used in 1 set of pictures, or better still, not in any of them. This is true of watches also.
4) Try to wear solid colors. Nothing detracts from a model's face or figure more than an outfit covered in busy patterns and prints.
5) Make sure that your outfits fit well. While this seems obvious, too many times models wear ill-fitting clothes that do nothing, but divert from the attention of the portfolio viewer. Swimsuits should fit snug, with no gaps showing when you move. They
shouldn't be too tight.
6) Please make sure that the outfits you will be wearing cover up any tan lines that you might have. A suit that is too small for your tan lines will result in undesirable photos.
7) If you plan on using a roll-on or solid deodorant, please use a clear one not a white solid. Or even better use a spray deodorant. A solid can leave a residue that can be seen or get on clothing.
8) If you are having skin problems, such as sunburn or peeling from sunburn, please call and reschedule.
9) Regarding makeup: Bring several colors and styles of makeup. Try to keep makeup light and but not overdone. Be prepared to change makeup styles during the shoot, you do not want to get locked into one look.
10) Bring examples and/or tear sheets from magazines. They can give us a good idea of what you want to try and do.
11) Come to the shoot wearing loose fitting clothing. This will minimize tight clothing lines and marks. If at all possible wear the smallest undergarments you have or wear none at all. Smaller garments make smaller lines that might be able to be covered up.
12) Please shave legs and armpits the day before the shoot in order to avoid stubble or razor rash. For underarm areas, you might try to use some kind of hair removal cream that is designed for underarm or bikini areas. Either way, you should bring a razor and some soap or
cream just in case.
13) Always have finger nails AND toe nails neat and clean. Either no paint, or fresh paint! Never come with chipped up three week old paint. It is a good idea to bring a few different colors and also some nail polish remover in case you are wearing a color that doesn't work for part of the shoot.
14) Be prepared to have a good time!