Incubus ImageryPhotographer Male Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Dawson Creek, British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Mayhem # 1583485
My background in photography dates back over thirty years with most of my credits in senior high in graphic arts, and a majority of that time being spent in the darkroom. I am happy to announce I finally moved into the digital age around 2003.
Cookies Will work for cookies -- I have recently found out that even cookies are taxable, so sadly I will now have to work for more cookies so I can give the Gov their share of the cookies.
If wardrobe is provided, typically it is yours to keep. With the following exception: Hats – I guess everyone has an obsession my cat's happens to be hats, and my life is hell if the hat doesn't make it home to her.
Top 10 Do's and Don’ts before and during a photo shoot.
1. Do show up on time. The MUA's I prefer to use are fantastic, and talented, and typically very short on time. They often rearrange their schedule on short notice to fit in a shoot.
2. Don't apply any make up (foundation included) for the shoot. The MUA has his/her own line of make up and will just end up removing what you have applied.
3. Do bring a robe, slippers, small towel to sit on. A drawback to being in the North is our sometimes lovely Northern weather. Being able to stay warm on outside locations is critical.
4. Do bring something to drink. Water, pop, coffee, hot chocolate.
5. Do bring something to snack on.
6. Don't even think about eating that snack – you will mess up your make up.
7. Do consider bringing an escort/chaperone. It's not that I am looking for free assistance , but chances are the first time we will meet is at the MUA studio. It's one thing having someone you don't know standing a few feet away from you taking picture, but having a second person you are unfamiliar with packing gear and holding reflectors can make a photo shoot uncomfortable – OK, perhaps it is that I am looking for free assistance.
8. Don't wear anything tight fitting an hour prior to a photo shoot (unless it is what you are wearing at the shoot). This just saves on a lot of photo shopping or waiting till the seam-lines have disappeared.
9. Do remind the photographer at the MUA studio to bring a camera. OK, so it's never been that bad but something(s) has always been forgotten for every photo shoot I can recall. A quick check at the MUA studio can save a lot of running around later on.
10. Do have fun. Photography like any other art form is meant to enjoy. It is the encapsulation of time through imagery eternally, and the creation of a thousand word story with the click of a single button.
March 20 2013
April 17 2013
July 17 2013
July 30 2013
August 19 2013
Dark Image of the Day Winner for August 22, 2013 “Salvation”
Dark Image of the day June 3rd 2014 -- Chaos
Dark Image of the Day June 5th 2014 -- Light