KHall PhotoPhotographer Male Fort Meade, Maryland, US My MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/KHallPhoto
Mayhem # 1642468
Updating my entire portfolio... new styles for the new year. Stay tuned!
I CREATE ART!!!
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php … =501525470
Love EROTIC POETRY? Purchase my poetry and art collection:
Creating poetry through sound and image.
I write erotic poetry when the mood hits me. Follow my blog:
Welcome to my profile! I am flattered and honored that my work has brought you to my portfolio. And although I would love to shoot everyone who contacts me for free or pay the vast amount of traveling models who come to the area, my time and energy simply won't allow it. Speaking of, here are my Top 10 Reasons why I (and countless other photographers) will not pay you for our skill...
1. I do not make money from shooting you.
2. I DO NOT make ANY money from shooting you... If I am hired by someone to shoot a campaign and there is compensation, then I would gladly "hire" or "pay" a model if the organization ask for me to find an artist. Otherwise, yeah, it's really just for the passion of creating and shooting.
3. I studied photojournalism at Syracuse University. That education cost me close to $100,000 and taught me how to make a living with photography and writing, graphic design and multimedia production. I'm sure you standing nude (or non-nude for that matter) for two hours is worth a lot more than that to you, but uhm, yeah... $100,000. I think higher education has got to be one of the biggest scams of the country. Or at least student loans are. Ridiculous. Where was I again...
4. I shoot with a canon 5D Mark II (time to upgrade). The camera body alone cost me over $2000. Why such an expensive camera, you ask... I shoot wedding and event photography as well as family portraits and such. MM I do for fun. Regardless, my camera cost money. The wear and tear on my camera cost me money. It's difficult to see a return on investment if I give charitably to help you travel to or around DC...
5. Did I mention my lenses? Oh, I didn't... silly me. I have several. My favorite is the 50mm 1.2... cost me around $1600. She is a beauty though. Just got her. Love to shoot with her. Well her and my 85mm 1.2, which I affectionately call "Ocho-Cinco." Lenses cost. The better the quality, the more I dish out. I hope you see a theme developing...
6. My lights. I use a Profoto D1 Air 3 head studio light kit with two soft boxes that I can set up anywhere... Which means, when I am bored, I can come to you if I choose to or I can just set up in my basement, my garage or a small room in my home. Saves on studio fees, that's for sure. My kit cost me close to $6000... no, that's no misprint. $6k. Don't believe me... google it... great kit. I recommend it to all. In fact, if you happen to have one, let me know. It's versatile enough to sync with more that one set.
7. Time. It takes time to set up a shoot. It takes time to shoot it. And after you are long gone, back at home, explaining to your friends and love ones what a joy it was working with me and how excited you are to see the end result, it takes time to download, select and put the finishing touches on your photos. I know you are absolutely flawless in beauty and every curve, line and scare on your body tells a story, but sometimes, just SOMETIMES, we have to tend to those blemishes of yours. So honestly, 2 to 3 hours of your time translates to 2 to 3 days of mine. That doesn't seem quite fair, does it... SIDENOTE: Time is invaluable. That being said, please let's not take the time to discuss a shoot, prepare for a shoot, schedule a shoot if you're not serious about shooting or are just gonna cancel, change your mind, have family issues, car die, not call at all, or any other of the million reasons this site begins to get frustrating. Either commit or don't, please and thank you.
8. Speaking of time, shall we address editing software. Quality images means quality software. I use two programs. One called Lightroom 4 (time to upgrade). The other, CS6, which includes Photoshop. I won't bore you with cost, but if you're interested, Google it. It's affordable.
9. I think my favorite "hire me" emails come from people who have just posted their profiles on this site or maybe have worked with a friend helping them develop their portfolio and suddenly, they are a professional. If the quality of your portfolio looks like you used your friends iPhone to take selfies so you can get your work out there, you may want to reevaluate your ambitions. If modeling is something you truly want to do and make money from, you may need to invest a little time and effort, and yes a little cash from time to time to make sure you at least have a marketable product. I'm not mad at you. Everyone needs a hustle, and I'm sure someone may pay you, but well... if you haven't come close to the total in your mind to the above, don't ask me to fund your dreams.
10. I simply can't afford it. As shocking as that sounds, I'm not some retired entrepreneur who decided to leave the glorious life and focus on a hobby (unfortunately). I don't get any type of side income for the number of photos I shoot of people. I'm a southern boy with a passion for art. Not many artist make tons of money. Some do, but I'm still working out the logistics of that without having to die first. I'm a United States Marine who happens to enjoy setting up lights from time to time and attempting to create a product that both I and my subject are happy with. That being said, I shoot what I enjoy and I have found that if I can't afford to work with you, I can find someone else...
Thanks for entertaining me, if you chose to. Although, I'm sure many people did not or will not read this and I will continue to get emails asking me to hire people to shoot. It's ok. I'm flattered, really, that you think my work is good enough for you to consider working for me
Oh, other side caveats...
I write, design and publish my own poetry and art books. If we work together, my goal is to capture images that can be used for my books, which I write, personally design, and self-publish. It's not a money making machine by any means (in fact, I generally loose money or break even), but it's cool to hold a book of poetry in my hand and say that it is mine. If you are interested in being published, feel free to get in touch.
Thank you for your interest. Visit my model portfolio, MM#98157 Kuande. Enjoy
Have you worked with KHall Photo? Add Credits for KHall Photo! >>
Proud to have helped the following models on MM build their portfolios. Feel free to contact them for references. Have shot with most on more than one occasion.
Adora Celeste MM#2272355
Aloha Iris MM#2185196
Alyssa Marie MM#1896499
Amanda Finesse MM#735981
Brandon M Hall MM#2318007
Claire Model MM#1440459
Curve Apeele MM#1123614
Diane Jensen MM#1086971
Gel Oh MM#1705014
Heather Brie MM#2244578
Heather Price MM#1820688
Ica Parks MM#2223786
Jeanette Brathwaite MM#742364
Jessica V - Louisville MM#2191560
Marci LeTigre MM#1335178
Michelle Morgado MM#1054949
Payshintz Weah MM#1277609
Robin Tamara MM#2242007
Sarah Johnson MM#1322089
Serenity 063 MM#1687605
Victoria Vaughn MM#1514193
What They Say:
"KHall has a way of capturing the most memorable moments in a snapshot within seconds. He's love for photography is definitely shown thrown his artistic visions and relationship on set with clients. Amazing photographer - can't wait for the next shoot!" -Porshia Derival
"KHall is an extremely talented photographer, he is great to work with and has an imagination that leads to creative photography. He makes each shoot fun and relaxing ( even in the coldest temperatures)." -Christine Tebcherany
"KHall is a very talented photographer who knows his stuff. I've never been more comfortable during a shoot. Although he is very professional, he is equally creatve and fun! He is also quick with edits and sending the finished product to the model." -Claire Model MM#1440459
"Kuande Hall (KHall) is one of the best professional photographers and the greatest person you can work with. For a person who's never done a shoot, he made me feel extremely comfortable and was very patient, he welcomes any contribution to making the photo shoot go extremely well and his creativity is remarkable. After... the shoot is done, and the after results of the pictures you'll have to wonder if that's you. Most of all he makes the shoots fun." -Abiei MM#1638141