DRAMA AND THE SUSPENSION OF A MOMENT IN TIME.
I'm all about whimsy, odd angles, weird lenses, interesting pairings, sexy, and style.
When people ask me what I shoot the most of, I say "sexy girls and booze". lol Looking at it though I think maybe good girls acting bad, and bad girls being good is more accurate! Some spooky stuff, some weird stuff... but art. So come on and let's make some ART!
So anyway, my last name is D'Arco... it won't let me use an ' in my name here!
Some people call me "Martini Mike".
I am an award winning, published, professional photographer. And I'm a professional writer.
I take my camera bag and a notebook everywhere. And no, I'm not Paparazzi. Shut your dirty mouth.
So here I am looking to GROW. And for more professional models. By professional, I don't necessarily mean experienced. Professional means you return communications and follow through. Professional means you show up on time and ready and we work together like grown ups.
I am building a network of great makeup, hair, stylist people too.
So if I "friended" you- I like your work and/or your look and we need to talk at some point.
My goals are simple... to become famous (more) through my art! And well I think now (2014) I am "emerging" with a wide fan-base and connections. What I want from this site is to network further with the fashion/entertainment/photography community and to collaborate.
The "standard" head shots are nice and all... but I really don't do that kind of stuff very often; weddings, senior portraits, etc. I consider myself an artist. And I prefer to sell huge works in a show, am planning more books, and honestly would like to end up in a museum. Look at my Flickr sets for the big picture. If I have a paid project (designer, magazine, etc) - I can pay all of you. But some projects are personal... so when it sells, you get a cut. And my word is good. At the very least you will get TONS of exposure right away. Because that's how I roll.
My references? Everyone I have ever shot. I aim to please. I want to make us both look good! I want my subject to be as comfortable as possible with me no matter what that entails.
I can be contacted by email at MartiniWorld@Hotmail.com
• Over 2,000,000 views of my online portfolio directly to date. Over 1,000,000 of those have been in a recent 6 month period!
• Private shows/sales of large pieces.
• Book – “COCKTAILING! With Martini Mike”
• Royce Gracie (some in use at www.gracieacademy.com
• Breaking Bad wrap party
• Various Playboy, Penthouse, Maxim models
• Santa Fe Fashion Week 2013
• Print ads and web content for Makeup by Christy Mae www.cjohnsonmakeup.com
• Print ads for ABQ Brew Pub
• Burn! Magazine (From the producer of the National Fiery Foods Show)
• Butte Monster Feet - Albuquerque the Magazine
• Swine Flu Adventure Story
Cover of magazine “Alibi”
• Route 66 Easter Bunny
Cover of magazine “Alibi”
• The Angels Want to Wear my Red Shoes
Book- “I Garden: Urban Style” by Urban Garden Casual.
• No Turning Back
Book - Included in WhatsonUK.com printed guidebook.
• San Juan Pueblo Catholic Church
Book - English text book for 8th grade for Gyldendal Education in Denmark.
• Chimay Red Ale and •Beer Pool 002
Book - “All about alcohol and how to quit from addiction” by Tati Papafragos
• Winner of two categories in 2011 Weekly Alibi annual photo contest;
Highway to Hell /Things Are Not What They Seem
Domino Lounging/ Miscellaneous
• Fat Jacob Tiger 001
Grand Prize in the Bow Wow Blues Annual Photo Contest.
• Marketing handbills for "The Art of Fashion"
• La Dolce Vita
Featured on "Whatzin?!"
• "Fascist Pig" Series featured on www.MutantRoot.com
• Many other websites include my photography by permission.
*My work may not be reproduced, copied, edited, published, transmitted or uploaded in any way without my written permission. © All rights reserved !