MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/mjtetleyphotography
* Currently unavailable for shoots. Off climbing a few mountains, crossing continents etc. Hoping to begin collaborations again in August. Please read my info below for more about me and what I'm interested in working on.
Photographer wanting to improve the portrait side of his portfolio. I am only shooting for developing my own interest and approach to photography. Therefore I do not work for commercial purposes.
I'm mainly interested in simple but emotive portraiture. I'm not into the heavy use of Photoshop, I only use Lightroom for simple editing, so if you're wanting images with a lot of digital enhancement then I'm not for you.
Wanting to collaborate with models, stylists, designers and local photographers for shoots in NE England. I particularly enjoy location shoots and natural light but also willing to try more studio shoots if available as I've little experience of this.
Message me here if you want to collaborate together on some ideas or take a look at my lists for the images which inspire me at this time. Please be aware that I'm in and out of the region with work frequently (both within the UK and abroad) but currently based in Durham.
Thank you for looking through my port.
Future shoots and projects I'm interested in. If you are messaging me to collaborate please indicate which of these ideas you are most interested in or would suit best:
- Further dramatic art styled editorials and location shoots inspired by work such as Wuthering Heights, The French Lieutenants Women and other Byronic style fiction.
- More Vintage themed portraits and location shoots (Gibson Girl-esk, 20's 30's Cinema, Film Noir, Hollywood Glamour, 50/60s Vogue).
- Abstract portraiture using my projector to project scenes of old movies and news reels across models.
- A series of very simple, delicate but emotive portraits (head shots). These could possibly be edited into animated gifs (a momentary look, a blink, a smile etc).