||May 23, 2013
||Jan 31, 2011
San Buenaventura, California, US
• I dig the synergy of working with models. I'm grateful for your time and presence, and I mean for our time together to be a fun and satisfying working experience. I make it a priority to run a pleasant, comfortable and safe set.
• If my client is paying me, I'm paying you - which is to say, if there's a production budget, you're an important part of it. That said, while I LOVE for models to get paid, I don't go out of pocket to shoot. Don't get me wrong; your time and craft are valuable: so is my time, and so are my images. Depending on the strength of your look and port, I might be into trading, don't be shy about asking.
• I only have a couple of strong expectations: Communicate, and Show Up. This work needs to be planned, and we each need to show up when and where agreed. Your willingness and ability to communicate provide great first clues to your professionalism.
• Believe it or not, I'm really easy-going, and am happy to a run a fun, laid-back set. This is a good job; I think we should enjoy ourselves.
• Finally, I like to provide models with copies of the best of our imagery, and I do so even if it's a paid gig. What I don't do is provide unfinished/unsorted imagery, period. I choose selects, I edit and finish where necessary, then I share.
If we've shot and you haven't gotten your pix, I'm not deliberately slighting you, I've just gotten buried by life - please don't hesitate to offer a gentle reminder. I'll be happy to hear from you, and genuinely sorry for making you wait.
I'm also stoked to see my images end up in your port - please use them!
Last note, a pet peeve: "No answer" to offers. I'm not heartbroken by "not interested," but I can do NOTHING with no answer. "No answer" causes me to drop you from my friends, and scratch you from further casting consideration.
Seriously, people - it's a networking site. It doesn't take so much to scribble a few words in reply, does it? A hallmark of professionalism is the simple ability to communicate; every single shoot depends on communication, from start to finish.
(from most recent:)
Randee Layne 2651792
Juliana Acosta 1048775
I am Tina 1888530
Peter Christian 2247415
Ky Ty 1650622
Tina Marie 2168609
Aubrey Nicolle 1444052
Casey Lee Mosby 595248
Jody Kovac 371022
Diane DeLuna 706868
Jenni Steel 118295
James Scolari has 255 friends.