Leo FrancisPhotographer Male Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
My Website: http://www.leofrancis.com.auMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/leofrancis
Mayhem # 2147351
I'm a young photographer based in Carnegie. My style is vibrant, colourful & fun. Got your own ideas? Sure, share them with me so we can make your dream a reality! I make you look amazing & feel glamorous whilst you’re with me I'm employed full time & I'm into photography only in the weekends or after work.
I love to work with passionate model that would help me add a "Soul" to the pictures I take. I really enjoy working with models who are spontaneous and/or have acting experience, although this is not a must. I like to convey deep emotion in my photos, so you must be okay with photos that don't portray your own personality traits.
Influential Artist Douglas Kirkland,Steve McCurry, Clive Arrowsmith, Steve Parish & Dan Winters
If you are a Model, with or without experience, and would like to discuss setting up a shoot, Please contact me for more info. However... Flakes (No-Shows) go onto the "Not Recommended List" I have no problem rescheduling a shoot for legitimate reasons, Just be honest.
I will accept limited TFP/CD with selected Models
Have you worked with Leo Francis? Add Credits for Leo Francis! >>
Kitty #2172585 x 3
Kylie Maree #1766410
Credits Dianne C-theater artist , Angelique Houston - Actor, Emily F(Rachel's Model Management ), Kitty R (Rachel's Model Management ) Ana (Glamour Model) Matt Erooni - Artist - New Zealand, Zya - Artist - Germany, Dannie - Artist - Zambia
1. Leo Francis really knows his stuff about lighting and he is the king of perfection- which really goes to show in this photo. Leo Francis gave very clear direction in terms of the pose he wanted. He planned the shoot very thoroughly- he was specific on hair, make up, eyes, nail colour, scarf colour,styling and jewellery. He was very easy to work with as the direction he gave was very straight-forward and he told me I did a good job which made me relax a lot more throughout the shoot. I felt very focussed working with Leo throughout the shoot. I enjoyed myself on the shoot despite being sick and freezing cold. The pictures no doubt are of a professional standard- I love the beautiful depth of field he used and his white balancing is perfect. His post processing is not overdone either which is really good. Leo was very friendly and outgoing and chatty throughout the shoot as well as the car journeys (his driving... not so great lol). I would recommend Leo to any models starting out and needing some killer photos! It was also good that Leo asked me what i was comfortable doing and what I was uncomfortable with. It was good that he was upfront and clear with this.
Rachael H – Model Mayhem #1987454
2. I am writing in regards to my experience working with photographer Leo Francis. I have thus far done 3 photo shoots with Leo. My favourite shoot was the first because of the location and the novelty of being a model for the first time. We shot in a property near Mt. Lofty and it was tremendously verdant and rung of a European garden.
It was evident within the first five minutes that Leo was completely immersed in the photographic modus operandi and it was difficult to reach him in his almost hypnotic state. It was bizarre to be viewed as a part of a setting rather than a person, to be within a scene in complete synchronicity.
Leo Francis has a gift of Harmonising location and subject. In many of the shoots I did with him he used an object as a theme and juxtaposed it with location with great virtuosity. His use of colour is inspired and his accomplished use of Photoshop sustains supreme results.
Although the shoots where tremendously tedious it was worth it in regards to the end resolve. I am pleased with the resulting photos.
Linzi B – Creative Artist – Tafe SA
3. I worked with Leo Francis on a photoshoot in April 2011 and was impressed with his work. Naturally, having a photoshoot done I was concerned that the photos might not show me to look the best I can or be the same old photos you so often see. However, Leo exceeded my expectations and gave a stunning result. Before the shoot, Leo made contact to confirm location details, clothing and hair/makeup requirements and suggestions and made sure that I was happy with the plans for the shoot. He was punctual, organised, and clear about what would work photographically and what was needed in terms of lighting and poses. My favourite part was that Leo Francis showed me the photos as we went through the shoot and this helped me to make adjustments to my pose and ask Leo questions about the poses to make the photos really work. What I liked the most was Leo's flexible approach as even though he had suggestions about where to sit or stand and how, he was open to my suggestions so it was about both of us and not just him. I would recommend Leo to anyone who is interested in having photos taken as he is passionate about his work, creative, clear, focussed and talented. Leo explained everything clearly to me and delivered the final photos on time as promised. They look sensational and I am so happy!
Angelique Houston -Actor
4. I found Leo Francis to be very particular and very firm in what he wonted and his vision. Got great results in the end, so I'm very happy is so particular in his work. We did alot of driving to begin with and resulted to a destination we couldn't shoot as no parking so it started off rocky and stressful, but in the end we found some where and I'm amazed with pictures. Leo is very picky with lighting which is very important. I'm very happy with out come and would recommend his work. This was my first shoot and I felt very comfortable. Thanks Leo u did a great job, u really captured a great shoot, hope to do more work with u in the future.
Sherie M – Promotional Model
5. Working with Leo Francis has been amazing, he is very happy,considerate easy to get along with and great to work with. The photo's Leo capure's are stunning and im very pleased to have the oppinunity to be working with him. He makes's you feel comfortable knowing he is your photographer but also a wonderful friend . He clearly explains the pose's he would like,also hair and makeup style. I have enjoyed working with Leo as he is an amazing photographer.
Kitty Valerie Reid - Model Mayhem #2172585
6.With Leo's assertiveness, he was able to show me what kind of pose he was wanting to create. I found him to be passionate in creating that unique shot, spending a lot of time on getting the lighting right, and was fussy the angles and position of the body. He definately like his V's!
He trys to make you feel as comfortable as possible and discusses the poses that he is wanting to create. Before getting started he asked what poses I was comfortable doing, so that there is no misunderstanding on what is being created on the day.
I found the photo session to go for a little bit too long (doesn't help when we were trying to shoot in between heavy down pours of rain!) and didn't feel as relaxed as I have with previous photographers. I think this is because he is so finicky bout getting the right shot
Kylie Maree – Model Mayhem #1766410