I am a photographer, producer, philosopher, visual artist, poet, performer and patron of the arts; my stomping ground is NY and its four corners (NJ, PA, CT & MA). My career in the visual medium started out in motion pictures in lighting and as director of photography for commercial advertisements. In addition to my work in photography and motion photography I also currently work as a consultant providing logistic services to the motion picture industry.
My ideal subject is one who inspires the best work that my creativity can offer. I am very old-fashion in that regard and I believe that the relationship between the artist and the subject should be one rooted in spiritual transcendence and deep appreciation for the common virtues of all artists. If you are a spirited muse who would like to inspire me on my journey towards seeking a greater truth and understanding of ourselves, the anatomy of the human condition and our higher nature to express the divine then you are welcome to join me in my many endeavors.
I am open to collaborations and networking so please feel free to contact or tag me.
When it comes to shooting nudes I hire models first and foremost for their ability to model. The consideration of including nudity in my work is purely artistic and representational of my philosophical disposition on the subject. In that regard my views are best reflected by the following quote:
"There is perhaps no phenomenon which contains so much destructive feeling as moral indignation, which permits envy or hate to be acted out under the guise of virtue."
— Erich Fromm
Some of these procedures may seem redundant in respect to the Octogram but I felt it was necessary to expand on them for a better understanding of said rules.
1. ALWAYS RESPOND TO MY CASTINGS BY EMAIL AND EMAIL ONLY. If you send me a MM message, comment or tag about any casting notices posted by me I will have no choice but to conclude that you are “merely window shopping” and consequently you will not receive a response from me.
2. I DO NOT DO BLIND BOOKINGS. If you want to work with me please expect to meet at least once prior to scheduling a shoot. My work as an artist is very personal to me and my collaborators must be on the same page with me and my art. Furthermore in terms of safety what kind of person shows up at a photographer’s “studio” without first meeting in public to assess character and demeanor? If I invite you to meet with me it is because I am interested in working with you. The only thing that would have me renege in my disposition to hire you is if I find out that who you are in person is not what you represented over the phone, on your profile or through email. The bottom-line is that no meeting no booking.
3. DO NOT GIVE ME NOTICE THAT YOU’LL BE BRINGING YOUR ESCORT, BOYFRIEND OR BODYGUARD. I don’t really care who you bring so long as you understand that your guests will stay outside of my studio doors. I have no business with your associates therefore I am not obligated to provide them with any accommodations. My only exception to this rule is if you’re a minor then in that case I insist that you have your parent or legal guardian present at all times.
4. EXPECT TO BE PAID IN CASH AT THE END OF THE SHOOT. I always pay models who I am unfamiliar with in cash. If we do more than three bookings then you may start to receive payment through a business check. You will only be compensated once you’ve filled out and signed all of the appropriate forms and releases.
5. DON’T EXPECT AN OBLIGATION TO RECEIVE COPIES OF MY PHOTOS AFTER THE SHOOT. You are being compensated for your time and your ability to model. Monetary consideration is sufficient for our transaction. If I do offer you copies it’s out of courtesy and not because of any obligations. If you bother to ask me for photos without me offering than you should expect to be charged or have the cost deducted from your payment.
Below are the necessary rules to abide by if you wish to have a successful and pleasant working relationship with me. I am very strict when it comes to business; that is to say transactions that involve services rendered in exchange for financial consideration. If I am expected to pay for your services I therefore expect results. Please do not respond to any of my paid assignments if you believe you are not truly up to par to be working for pay. The full Octogram applies to paid assignments; however for TF* work rules (1), (4), (7) & (8) at minimum will be in effect.
THE SCARLET RULES (The "OCTOGRAM")
1) DO NOT FLAKE; YOU WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN.
2) MY TIME IS MONEY; SHOW UP LATE AND IT WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR PAY (10%-of-pay/minute of lateness).
3) RECEIPTS MUST BE SIGNED FOR ANY PAYMENTS MADE OUT IN CASH.
4) ALL RELEASES MUST BE SIGNED BEFORE COMMENCEMENT OF WORK.
5) MY SET/STUDIO IS FOR PROFESSIONALS ONLY; EXPECT YOUR "ESCORT" TO STAY OUTSIDE.
6) NO OFF-THE-RECORD NEGOTIATIONS; WHATEVER TERMS WE AGREE TO BY EMAIL/TEXT MESSAGE IS FINAL.
7) NEVER ASK ME FOR COPIES OF PHOTOS/VIDEOS OF PAID ASSIGNMENTS.
8) RESPECT MY WORK, STUDIO & EQUIPMENT AT ALL TIMES.