David BrinkmanPhotographer Male Palm Springs, California, US
My Website: Paragon GalleriesMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/paragongalleries
Mayhem # 249536
* I have done most of my work in L.A. and San Diego and Palm Springs - but also in Idyllwild, and parts of the desert. I'm interested in new/unique locations!!!
* Nudity plays a large part in my work. I don't want restrictions in what I create and prefer to work with models who are totally comfortable in their own skin.
* Why? I do location work that usually can't be preplanned, and is very 'situational.' It's best to just work with someone who can fit any situation.
* Nude means nude; no towels, shadows, footballs, candelabras or hands. I will walk away from a stunning image rather than compromise it with props or poses.
* My website has been online with male nudes since 1994; it was one of the very few to feature frontal nudes back then, and I had to fight to keep it there.
* I use a digital camera, but usually strive to do the primary composition in the camera. I tend to work slowly - so patience is required...
* I want collaboration! Interaction and participation is what makes a successful shoot. Give me your ideas! Work with me. I can't be a success without you.
* I rarely do studio work and typically use natural light. I am always looking for new/different/unique locations. (Your suggestions are welcome.)
* My 'dream model' is one who can see what I'm trying to do and be proactive in helping me create it. That is the ultimate collaboration.
* I will never ask you to do anything I would not do - but I'm really, really hoping that you can do it better. (After all, that's why I am behind the camera... )
* You look better out of your clothes. I look better in my clothes. (After all, that's why I am behind the camera... ) It's usually best to keep it that way.
* I had a color dark room when everyone else was working B&W. Now everyone is shooting color and I'm rediscovering the art of B&W. ...Just contrarian, I guess.
About me: late-50s, honest, respectful, good sense of humor and easy to get along with. I know which end of the camera points outward... and I have some of the best equipment. A problem is that I am experiencing some physical limitations these days (bad knees,) so long hikes are not feasible.
MM is the best classroom in the world. There are a great many incredibly talented people here.
I have had the very good luck to shoot with some wonderful guys - with sculpted bodies and beautiful spirits. It is difficult to get a bad photo of these guys.