((((Please read through to the end before contacting me))))
My name is Elisa Lazo de Valdez and I have been a professional "art" photographer for the last decade or so. I am looking to work with creative people between the ages of 19 and 30, slender, great bone structure, flexible, various heights and tone.
Conceptually I am looking for ethereal, tribal, dark, awkward, effervescent, emotive, and sublime. I love awkward body language and dramatic hands. You may be blurry, unrecognizable, covered up, obscured or transformed. You will most definitely look pale and unearthly. I am seeking people who are willing to abandon themselves to my ideas.
I shoot conceptual, dreamy, spooky, decorative, dramatic and surreal imagery that are most commonly used for book covers. I shoot because it's fun! I meet amazing and interesting people, and it gives me an excuse to buy clothes I would normally have no reason to buy.
If you think we would work well together please message me directly with some information about yourself and if you are interested in nudes, non-nudes or both. If I think you are suited for one of my projects I will get back to you within three business days. I only schedule four TFP's per month so the calendar fills up fast.
Before arriving to the shoot, please review the following guidelines:
1. Arrive with clean hair, a clean face and manicured nails or polish free nails. No half painted chipped nail polish on your hands or feet.
2. Bring your favorite brush, hair products and accessories as well as your favorite makeup foundation.
3. Pluck your eyebrows, have a clean upper lip, get rid of that mole hair. Digital cameras see everything, and cleaning up a mustache in post production is no fun.
4. Wear neutral (beige or black) undergarments that will not show through clothing, smooth and simple. Elaborate lace can show through clingy and silky fabrics.
5. The only wardrobe you need to bring is any version of a vintage, couture or timeless dress you may have. I have most of the wardrobe I need but it's always fun to see what other options there are. No pants, shirts, skirts or lingerie. Please DO NOT bring your prom dress or bridesmaid gown. I don't shoot lingerie unless you happen to have some amazing vintage girdle thingy.
IMPORTANT! You must be willing to go without a bra. Some wardrobe is not bra friendly in the cut or fabric and I don't like being limited to what I can and can't use. I do not mean topless, I mean bra-less under the clothing.
6. Be prepared to get messy. If we are shooting nudes it will most likely involve paint, food, dirt, or whatever else I can lay my hands on. If you are allergic to anything please let me know. If I plan on making a mess we will shoot in my home studio so there is a shower available. Even if we are shooting wardrobe it's possible I will drag you through some spider infested, rotten leaf pile. Any apprehensions, let me know.
7. Be honest about your age, weight and hair color. Be sure the images I have seen of you are up to date. Concept, props and wardrobe are closely tied to what you look like. DON'T cut and dye your hair the night before the shoot. If you make any changes please let me know before we work together.
8. You will be required to sign a model release, no exception. You can find a copy of the release here: http://visioluxus.com/modelrelease2012.jpg
9. Models will receive digital files of all the final images sized 8x12 at 300dpi, and thumbnail size for easy viewing . It takes approximately three weeks to finalize the edits. I will send these through YouSendIt.com file service unless you request a physical CD.
***Super duper important!! If you would like to work with me please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I won't read your TAG, I probably won't get your PM in a timely manner, if ever. MM no longer alerts me when I have messages, and most often I can't access the messages I do have. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO MM MESSAGES. Direct email is the ONLY RELIABLE WAY to contact me. I can't emphasize this enough.
Please write "Model Mayhem" as the subject (so it makes it to my inbox), and please include a link to your profile.***
A whole lot of book covers and then some: http://visioluxus.tumblr.com/books
"The Better Bombshell" Collaborative book project at www.thebetterbombshell.com
"The Best of International Nude Photography III" by Feierabend Unique Books 2013
"Fetish Fantasies' by Feierabend Unique Books 2013
Seattle Erotic Arts Festival 2012 Invited Artist
"The Mammoth Book of New Erotic Photography" by Maxim Jakubowski 2010
Seattle Erotic Arts Festival 2011 Invited Artist
"The Complete Photographer" by Tom Ang 2010
Shots Magazine #107 "Smoke and Mirrors"
Cover of Newsweek Poland May 2010
Cover of Clix Magazine Brazil Issue 3, Summer 2009
Cover of Essere Benessere Magazine Italy April 2009
"The Best of International Nudes Photography Indexx II" by Feierabend Unique Books
Konak Magazine Winter 2008
Fine Art Photo Magazine Issue 4 2008
FHM Spain "Erotique" feature April 2008
Cover of Photomen Magazine, China October 2008
Relic Magazine Issue 2
Abracadaver Magazine Issue 3
"Women by Women: Female Erotic Photography" published by Prestel
The New Nude Magazine Issue 2
Mooncruise Issue 23
C-Heads Magazine Premiere Issue