Hourglass Photo ArtPhotographer Male Covington, Washington, US My MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portside
Mayhem # 2584453
L I G H T - L I G H T - L I G H T
Light is the source.
Light is the author.
Light is the sculptor.
LIGHT - IS - ALL
This is an endeavor in the applied physics of light to produce an image-poem.
Portraiture is an exercise in helping the inner self escape from the limits of form and in capturing that moment. It seems impossible, but there are moments of timelessness expressed by the human face that can be captured when one is quiet and aware and only under circumstances that help to ILLUMINATE the subject in ways appropriate to that subject. LIGHT is the ACTIVE agent and the PARTNER of the photographer. Together, light, subject, photographer, we sculpt.
This is far more difficult a thing than focusing one's attention on external forms and ideas about what is considered beautiful or sexy. Human beings are more than a phenotype and MUST be treated as such.
More than a phenotype.
Beauty transcends the bikini body. Not separate from, just transcendent of. You are you as a 12 year old child. You are the same you as a beautiful 23 year old, and you are the same you as the elegant 67 year old. We can easily track the changes in your external form in snapshots, but it's not so easy to capture that 'sameness' at each stage of life. This is what portraiture must do or it fails. I fail all the time. Occasionally I get it right. I am working to become better at what I do. I have a long way to go.
This is a tedious exercise. Sometimes complex. Sometime frustrating. But virtus tentamine gaudet! And we together grow stronger with each portrait we capture.
“There was a young man who said, though it seems that I know that I know, what I'd like to see is the I that knows me when I know that I know that I know.” ~Alan Watts
If my photography pleases everyone, I have FaiLed.
"It never got weird enough for me." - Hunter S. Thompson (one of my heroes!)
"I am jealous of the portrait you have painted of me. Why should it keep what I must lose? Every moment that passes takes something from me and gives something to it. Oh, if it were only the other way! If the picture could change, and I could be always what I am now!" - Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
"Baby, you're the ginchiest." - Edd Byrnes and Connie Stevens, Kookie, Kookie, Lend me your comb
What's the haps...?
- Work cited in The Monarch Review, Seattle's Literary and Arts Magazine, July 2, 2015
- Hell on Heels Magazine, Issue #11 Gunpowder & Lead vol 1, June 2015
- Splendor exhibition, RAW Artists @ the Fremont Foundry June, 2014
- The Toy Box Pole Dance Calendar, 2015 (print)
- FREQUE Magazine, September 2014 (print)
- Surreal Beauty Magazine, Issue #97 (print)
- Gallery Exhibition - Covington Arts Commission Artist of the Month, April, 2014
- Vicious Vixens "Lady Luck" Issue, March 2014 (Print)
- The Madness Within:An Exploration of Alternative Realities- Jack Kegley, 2013 (print)
- June 2015: Plymouth Housing Group - Portrait Photographer
- October 2014: Plymouth Housing Group - Portrait Photographer
- September 2014-Present: Pt. Defiance Zoo Animal Photography