Mayhem # 277523
8/1/2013 - EFFECTIVE TODAY, THE NAME OF THIS PROFILE CHANGES FROM "CRAZY ARMADILLO PHOTO" TO "WINDSWEPT IMAGES". THE "DILLER" IS OFF TO HEAD UP ANOTHER AREA OF MY WORK, THEREFORE THE NEED FOR NAME CHANGE. ONLY THE NAME CHANGES, THE QUALITY, EFFORT AND OFFBEAT SENSE OF HUMOR REMAIN THE SAME. PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME FOR ANY OF YOUR NEEDS.
"SHOOT FOR THE SOUL" Ansel Adams
"ELEGANCE IS THE ONLY BEAUTY THAT NEVER FADES." Audrey Hepburn
Elegance is what I try to achieve and convey in each image created. Every woman has an inherent elegance just waiting to be shown and celebrated.
Welcome and thanks for taking the time to view my profile.
My passion for photography began over 30 years ago and was pursued as a stock nature and commercial photographer. Now I am moving to include more work w/people and models.
I think the best images are produced when there is a true collaboration between the photographer, the model and the MUA.
1. I value your time and would like the same courtesy extended in return. Please return communications in a timely manner, and be on time...
2. I prefer to discuss concepts and shoot details prior to the shoot. If possible I like to meet with the model before the shoot so (1) the day of the shoot is not the first time we are meeting and (2) we can cover a lot of information in a short period of time. If it is not convenient to meet then my next preferred option would be a phone call supplemented with email. All meetings can be conducted in a public setting and you may have a friend/escort if you wish.
3. I do a lot of location shooting. I also utilize my home as a studio that can provide varied backgrounds/moods. I can accommodate locations of your choice also.
4. For the typical shoot you will receive 7-10 edited images. Shoots typically run 1 to 2 1/2 hours depending on location(s) and looks planned, but this is entirely flexible.
5. I’ll post to my website in a password protected file, a complete selection of images from the shoot from which you can pick your edits. Once the edits are complete, you will receive a CD with the edited images in full size and web size. I will generally have the disk to you within two weeks of the time you select your final images.
6. I value your input so don’t be shy…..tell me what you would like to shoot. I am interested in your ideas.
7. The model always gets credit...
8. I request a full model release for ALL shoots, including TF shoots, as I will generally keep the images in my stock files for commercial use. Please let me know up front if this is an issue and we can discuss.
9. Feel free to bring a friend, assistant or escort to the shoot. If you are female, I prefer they not be male as that often adds tension to the set. It has been my experience that husbands, boyfriends, significant others, parents are not good escorts. The model frequently gets uncomfortable when these folks are at the shoot. My only requirement is that they not interfere, if they can hold a reflector or assist with clothes, all the better.
10. My rates are reasonable, just inquire. I shoot primarily TF**, sometimes w/an appropriate fixed fee for my personal projects. If I have a client to accommodate, fees are negotiated based on time & use. I have no problem with TF request from models if it is mutually beneficial, and/or a new or different challenge. Just ask.
Pet Peeve: No Fly-by “cold call” friend requests! I generally won’t respond unless I get some other form of communication. Comment, tag, message, something.
Some Personal Projects/Interests:
MATURE ELEGANCE - A feature for and of women over 40, their glamour, elegance, charm and sensuality
MONDAY’S CHILD - Based upon the old Irish poem about the day of the week of birth
DENIM AND LACE - Those soft, sexy, lacy things women keep beneath their denims
NOIR GLAMOUR - Think 1930 - 1950 black & white movie glamour and “femme fatale”, George Hurrell.
A SWEATER & HEELS - Just what it says and the only things allowed for the model’s personal interpretation
J L Hassell Photographics
Have you worked with Windswept Images? Add Credits for Windswept Images! >>
My work has been previously published in several consumer and professional magazines and journals, as well as on the Weather Channel.
Mayhem Models I Have Worked With:
Randi Riamar MM# 3570973
Asher Grey MM# 3316793
Melody Elizabeth I MM# 2163110
Lacy Crain MM# 1101307
Tabitha Bryant MM# 1746500
Kirstee Michelle MM# 900244
Kendra Tallant MM# 2016216
MaMa Deaze MM# 2902146