HammerPublication Male Macomb, Michigan, US
My Website: The Horse Backstreet ChoppersMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/TheHorseBackstreetChoppersMaga
Mayhem # 280851
We are the leading motorcycle magazine in the country. We are located just north of Detroit, Michigan but travel quite a bit. Almost all of our covers feature models from Model Mayhem. All models are paid for the shoot and all expenses are generally covered. I expect professionals and do not mind paying for professional services. Although we are in the Detroit area, we routinely fly models in from California, Florida and just about any place if the model has the look we're after. Here is a list of FAQ:
1) I do not deal with managers/agents. I do not pay for escorts to attend, and strongly discourage escorts, although if a model insists, she can bring an escort at her own expense.
2) I will pay you, usually more than your rate, but expect a professional model in return; one who can pose on her own, who is punctual and looks like her port.
3) We do not shoot nudes for the magazine, but we do shoot provocative, flirty shots. If posing in a skimpy skirt, bikini or lingerie bothers you, I need to know up-front.
4) We are the only motorcycle magazine who uses girls from all ethnic backgrounds. If you have the look, we want you.
5) You will be paid by corporate check the day of the shoot and you can have a copy of all the shots we take. I will also send you copies of the magazine once it's published.
6) We typically shoot at our studio or on location.
7) If you are not that experienced, not good at posing, let me know and I can work with you. As long as I know ahead of time we can work it all out and have a great shoot.
8) Most shoots take about three hours, rarely more. You can break as often as need be, and I'll do what I can to make you as comfortable as possible. You will be treated very well, with no yelling or demands. I want the best cover possible, and making you feel part of the project helps bring out your best.
9) Punctuality is very important. If we set a time and you call an hour before to tell me you'll be an hour late, the shoot is over. If you're a half hour late, your fee will be reduced 50%. If I can set everything up, get up and be there, you can too if you're a professional.
"If" you pose with wings, caution tape, engaged in hand-to-hand combat with a dragon or tiger, or if most of your shots are some blood soaked gothic vampire, you're probably not someone we're looking for. I look for professional models. I am not viewing a Facebook site. As much as you love your family/friends, when I see your children, boyfriends, husbands posted on a site I expect to see models on, I tend to dismiss you as not being serious but rather using this site to further your social networking.
One of the biggest problems I have is misrepresentation:
"I'm experienced, know how to pose...you'll be very happy"
What they don't say is, "I don't shoot in the sun, my eyes hurt, and it's too hot. Don’t shoot my butt, I don't like the way it looks. Oh, I had a baby and the stretch marks won't go away and I still have a pouch, so I won't bare my midriff,…”
Punctuality: “Oh, I am always on time.” So I say great, I’ll pick you up at 8am sharp. Eight O’clock I’m in the lobby, give the model a call, and she says, “Oh, I’m almost ready, give me a few minutes.” 45 minutes later she comes down.
Smile: Happy faces sell magazines, not stoic, angry faces. It's like pulling teeth from a dog to get most models to smile. I have no idea how they get so jaded into never smiling, but for our needs, smile, or I need to know up front that you refuse to smile.
I assume the model is in shape, will pose comfortably in a thong if need be and is confident in her body. I assume she’s punctual and rely on her representation of herself. I pay well and expect professional models and expect professional services.
To all models: Most of you are "aspiring" models, but before you call yourself an "inspiring" model, you may want to list who you have inspired.
Have you worked with Hammer? Add Credits for Hammer! >>
I want to thank all the models we've worked with; you have all been amazing.