FabulousFotosPhotographer Male Longmont, Colorado, US
Boulder, Colorado, US
Loveland, Colorado, US
My Website: Fabulous Fotos by RichardMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/FabulousFotos
Mayhem # 2922308
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS MOST MODELS ASK:
Fabulous Fotos by Richard: High-Quality Non-Nude Digital Images and a Copyright Release.
As a commercial photographer, I photograph people of all ages, shapes, and sizes - but I prefer MM models!
• I do not take nudes
• People under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
I take most photos in an indoor heated studio
• I can take outdoor photos – if the weather cooperates
I'm a family photographer, so you can bring family members, kids, friends, escorts, etc.
• I usually photograph everyone who comes
I usually trade time for free photos
• I never expect models to pay for their photos
I take several hundred photos
• I apply basic Photoshop processing to every photo
• My goal is to process photos in one week or less
• You get all usable photos
• You own the copyright to all your photos
I provide custom processing for up to 12 of your favorite photos
• I follow your instructions to create the images you want
Details for models who want to know more:
I take pictures in my professional home studio in Longmont, Colorado, and also outdoors (if the weather cooperates). I have a full-time job and usually take evening or weekend pictures.
My wife Nancy is normally present, but if you feel uncomfortable coming to our home, please bring a companion. I usually photograph everyone, and some of my favorite photos are of models and their escorts:
Model JC Rome (MM #2900409) and her escort
We do not provide wardrobe other than accessories (hats, scarves, etc.), so please bring your own. Most people bring a variety of clothes and accessories, from fancy to casual. Some female models bring everything from formal gowns to bikinis. Bring lots of outfits for a greater variety of photos. I will never pressure you for nudes.
I do not take pictures of children or teens under 18 without written permission from a parent or guardian, and I require an adult to be present during photos.
WHAT I DO FOR YOU:
(1) When you come for photos, I sign paperwork giving you the copyright to all your images. (Legally, this is more than a Usage License, it is a non-exclusive Copyright Release.)
(2) Your photo session will take two to four hours because I take several hundred pictures – usually resulting in about 300 good photos. (Assuming my photos are worth one dollar each, you will receive pictures worth $300! And some of my photos have sold for much more than one dollar!)
(3a) I primarily do free trade work - you trade your time for free photos provided on DVDs.
(3b) If you want me to pay you, please tell me your rates. (But since I am already "paying" you with photos worth several hundred dollars, copyrighted in your name, I am not likely to pay your regular rates. Let's try to negotiate based on the fact that I offer much more than most photographers.)
(3c) If I'm paying you, I usually pay the full amount at the beginning of the photo session. If I'm paying an hourly rate and your session ends early, you keep all the money I gave you.
(4) if you have time, you can review your unedited photos. After you leave, I apply basic processing to all your RAW images. After that, I individually process each photo (and discard rejects). Then I convert all of them into high-resolution jpeg images. My goal is to process your photos in one week or less.
(5a) I provide all usable processed photos to you. They are all full-size jpeg images, some of them 20 megabytes or larger. If I take 350 photos, I may sacrifice 50 to Mr. Blink and give you 300 - which is why most people receive about 300 photos.
(5b) The number of photos you receive depends on your photo session. If you wear only one outfit and we take only studio photos, you probably won't get 300. But if you bring two dozen outfits and we take studio and outdoor photos, you could get many more than 300!
(6) I select a few (6-12) of my favorite photos and apply custom processing. I provide my customized favorite photos to you in two sizes: full-size and MM-size.
(7) You select your 10-12 favorites from all the photos you received.
(8) I apply careful custom processing to your favorite photos - following your instructions - and I provide them to you in two sizes: full-size and MM-size.
(9) Ultimately, you will receive a lot of photos - hundreds of processed proofs plus as many as 24 custom-processed images. You can do anything you want with your pictures, because you own all of them. You can print them, edit them, publish them, enter them in photo contests, make them into Christmas cards, put your pictures on T-shirts, line your birdcage, sell them, whatever. (If you take them to be printed, be sure to bring your copyright release with you!)
(10) My wife Nancy may be able to help a little with hair and makeup, but she is not a professional hair stylist or makeup artist.
Have you worked with FabulousFotos? Add Credits for FabulousFotos! >>
I have won many photo prizes and awards. I have been a semi-professional wedding photographer since the late 70's. I have been published in Popular Photography magazine. You can see hundreds of my photos at www.NicePix.SmugMug.com
WORDS OF WISDOM:
(1) If a photographer has portfolio pictures of the type you don't want to do, find another photographer.
(2) Always check references. (Please contact any MM model in my portfolio for references. If you Google me, please use quotes before and after: "Fabulous Fotos by Richard" will find my Facebook Fan Page and my SmugMug page. But I encourage you to send messages to MM models in my portfolio.)
(3) Always bring a companion to your first session with any Internet "photographer." If a "photographer" doesn't allow escorts, check their references very carefully.