When the power of love overcomes the love of power. The world will know peace!
** I rarely use this site anymore, but keep this info and account, I guess in a way to remember where I have been and how it's not as close as it used to be of where I am **
Im allergic to drama, so keep all that crap away from me. I don't want to hear about it and I don't care who hates who or who is sleeping with who. Talk all the crap you want about anyone u want away from me. Karma will take care of it all!
There are a few people who have helped me tons in this thing called life... A few of them are here on MM. There is one person in particular who guided me and gave me a foundation which I have slowly built on... Dan Norton... I will forever thank Dan, for the inspiration, all the lessons, true friendship and help! And lack of drama! He taught me a lot when I didn't know much and showed me a lot more than just how to take a picture.
*** Always looking for GOOD wardrobe stylists for editorials ***
** Also always open to working with GOOD -new to me- retouchers **
MODELS: I have always wondered! When you go to your favorite store and find that perfect pair of shoes or four pairs... Do u go to the register and ask if u can take them free? When you are driving and need gas to get to a casting or school or a bootycall, do u stop at the gas station and ask for free gas? When you go to starbucks, and get for your favorite drink, do you expect it free? ...just wondering!? *wink* *wink*.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot... why do mm -models- freak out when you tell them you want to meet them before shooting? I mean, in the real world with agency girls, there is a thing called a casting... or a go see, where I get to see those girls in person and those girls have been looked at in person and selected by the agencies already. Besides quite a few girls I have met here look NOTHING like their pictures!! Photoshop in the right hands does wonders, and I also need to make sure you are not psychotic. So if u want me to shoot you, we are meeting in person prior to shooting, no exceptions! If this bugs you, there are tons of amazing photographers in this site, a lot of them better than me... Go to them!
*Things that annoy me*
- Photoshop made polaroids.
- Fake tearsheets.
- Seeing pics with "great shot" only because the nipple/s or the kitty are visible.
- Spelling disasters. ( your, you're - where, were we're - they're, there, their )
- Photographers who are little bitches! And there is a lot of them!
- Stupidity and Ignorance.
- When models take things/people for granted.
- When people read your message and do not reply in a timely manner.
- Hand Bras... Warning tape... belt over the breasts... etc...
- Make up artists who charge a "kit" fee on tests. I don't charge them a studio fee, or lunch and drinks fee or gas fee. What is a kit fee!?!
- Models/MUA/Photographers requesting tags/comments! LAME...! I thought those were given if deserved on someone else's view, not requested.
- Models who say "no nudes" yet have topless or nudes shots in their port. That's just stupid! And it happens way too often.
- Agency Approved.. Photographers who need to validate themselves by posting pics that modeling agencies have used on a girl's book.... or brag they have shot a girl who happens to have an agency. *newsflash* shooting an agency girl or for an agency ( 99.9% of the time for free ) is NOT that big of a deal at all. That's like bragging about getting your driver's license when u are 35.
more to come...
Last, but definitely not least.. For those of you who send those messages about how I put a smile on your face or leave pic comments and tags, thank YOU so very much... Much love and thank YOU!
I don't really care about credits, equipment, ego, camera brands, drama or trophies.
When it really comes down to it, all I care about is my family, my friends, happiness and trying to do what I consider the right thing, which may not be the right thing for everyone. I have been very lucky and very blessed.... I truly love my life, where I am at and what I am living.
Not that I am perfect nor have the perfect life or the most amazing life, but I love where I am. I enjoy what I do and 95% of the time have a good time. I have met some good people and made some great friends from this site.
Life is grand! And at the end, that is what matters! Photographers, even good photographers are a penny a dozen, people who make a difference in your life in a positive way... are not.
There will be two dates on your tombstone... but all that's gonna matter is that little dash between them!
Updated 1/1/11 and 6/8/2012