My name is Carlos Cruz. I am an engineer by profession, but photography is my passion.
I currently live in Everett, WA, but about twice a year I travel to Central Florida (Orlando and Daytona Beach), so I can also schedule shoots there. Because photography is a passion and not my main source of income, I am flexible on compensation/shoot arrangements.
Thanks for taking the time to review my profile and I hope we can work together in the future.
P.S. My personal portfolio website is www.carloscruzphotography.com
. You can also visit my Flickr page www.flickr.com/photos/cruz_trabanino/.
Or follow me on Twitter @CarlosCruzTrab.
***Concept Ideas for future shoots***
(Other photographers: please don't steal my ideas! LOL; Models/MUAs: if you like any of the concepts and would like to participate, let me know!)
- East meets West: a shoot with a model from Russian or Ukrainian ancestry together with a Latina model.
- CSI: a shoot about a crime scene, with dark undertones but not necessarily gory.
- Scar of Life: a collection of images from one or more models showing their c-section scars proudly.
- Ring Girls: a shoot with two models pretending to be boxers in a match, complete with sweat and blood (fake of course) dripping down their faces with some edgy lighting.
- Cigar Girl: a shoot in a tropical setting (a beach maybe?) with a girl of Cuban or Dominican ancestry (or that can appear to be from these regions) smoking a cigar. A play of light with smoke and perhaps some low-key portraits.
- WTF?: A collection of images of models in dissonant wardrobe/make-up/setting combinations that leave the viewer confused (e.g. a ballet dancer in a hospital surgery room, a bikini-clad beauty on a roof top, a model dressed on a beautiful flowing dress in a janitorial closet, etc.).
- Chug!: as you can probably tell from my concept ideas, I really enjoy concepts that are "out of the norm". So how about two beautiful girls chugging beers with they rock band t-shirts on - something you associate with college men rather than women. This could be done au naturale (no make-up) and could spice up an all-glamour portfolio with something a little different and intended to be fun and playful.
- Cluing you in: a spin-off of the CSI idea, a model is dead in the middle of a room. What happened to her? What lead to her demise? You have to figure it out by looking closely at the things in the image!
- Birth of Athena: my portfolio includes an image called "The Birth of Venus" inspired by the Greek mythology on the birth of Aphrodite (Venus in Latin) from a clam shell (and painted by Boticelli). Greek mythology also says Athena (Minerva in Latin) was born fully grown from Zeus' head! Interesting concept to put onto an image, wouldn't you say?
- Interrogated: our model is a CIA spy in a hostile foreign country. Through no fault of her own, her cover is blow and she is captured by the enemy. As we peek into her harsh interrogation and the enemy's "persuasion" techniques, we wonder if she is going to endure it or spill the beans!
- Laundry Day: our model is in a casual home setting, next to the washer and dryer doing laundry. What's so interesting about that you ask? Sometimes there is beauty in things we presume are mundane.
- Lady of the Lake: medieval legend has it, that the beautiful Lady of the Lake, the ruler of Avalon, gave king Arthur the famous Excalibur sword. Only a few have gazed their eyes on this mysterious entity as she comes out of the water bearing the famous sword.
- Hell Hath No Fury...: I have been thinking about this short motion picture project (my first) about a woman who hires an assassin to kill her unfaithful husband (a very sexy female assassin I might add). The film shows us how the assassin poses as a one-night-stand with the unfaithful guy and delivers retribution in the shape of a picture of him cheating on his wife, his wife's wedding ring, and the business end of a .45. This project can either be shot on a digital SLR in HD format or in old-school celluloid with a super 8 camera and fresh Kodak film stocks. This project would be ideal for those models who also want to exercise (and show off) their acting skills.