Mayhem # 321890
My name is Jay Fullmer and I am a full-time artist living and working in Fond du Lac, WI. In my studio I explore a great diversity of artistic pursuits - Painting, illustration, mural work, sculpting and, of course, photography. Please, check out the web link above for examples of each.
In my photography, as in my other mediums, I aspire to show the beauty and power in each subject. There are way too many "sex" related shots on this site. Photographers using blatant sexuality and trashy poses (shots that say, "I want you, now!") to make his/her images appealing are like comedians using profanity to get a laugh - It's cheap and it's easy. I am not interested in either.
Male and female models that are interested in working with me should be aware of the following:
• I am delighted to discuss TFCD for models who are interested in the kinds of projects that strengthen my artistic portfolio.
• I am most interested in working with those who have artistic/creative sensibilities. I love to collaborate!
• Nudity. I choose not to do nude photography (with the notable exception of personal pregnancy portraits). I do, however, use male and female nudes for figure drawing and painting studies and consider modeling for such a valuable trade for photos.
• Although I do not shoot nudes, I expect you to be that comfortable with yourself and with me. I look for models that understand their bodies and know how to use them to communicate grace, power, emotion and form.
• Even if modeling is just a hobby for you, please understand that my art is a full-time job for me. I expect you to work with me in a professional manner. That said, you should know that no one leaves my studio without having a BLAST. I love what I do and I'm passionate about it! If you bring your enthusiasm into the mix it will be one of the best modeling experiences you will have!
So, what's it like to work with me? Here are some recommendations:
"Working with James is such a breath of fresh air- I have so much fun working with him and I always leave our sessions creatively re-charged. I love collaborating with him and our work has resulted in some of my best images." Amanda J MM#277503
"I've been working with Jay for several years now and he is, hands down, my favorite artist to work with. Our work is always a collaborative effort and being able to watch the progression of my modeling skills, his technique, and our creativity over the years by looking at results from past shoots is amazing. Whether you are looking for individual or family portraits, modeling photos, or
artistic shots, Jay has the talent for bringing out the beauty in everyone. I hope that I will be able to continue to work with Jay for years to come." Jennifer (Nyxx) MM#86956 OMP#190712
"Jay is definetly a family man- I felt comfortable in front of him, and wasn't shy to pose for a drawing session. We spent a lot of our time talking and sharing painting techniques. His artistic vision is inspiring to me as a budding artiste! Having two creative minds together was so fun! We wanted to keep shooting even after we exceeded the planned shoot length. I certainly want to shoot with Jay again." Kirsten J MM#458691 OMP#312372
"I was a pretty nervous on my way to Jay's studio mainly because it was my first shoot ever. But after a few minutes chatting I became more relaxed and loved every moment of the shoot. Even when we were outside in the subzero temps of winter. Anna (Kaplunk) MM#398870
"HI my name is Ruthy I am A professional model That has worked with Jay Fullmer for some months now. I can say that he is a truly talented artist as well as photographer. I have worked with many photographers over the past year, and I must say that no one has a better understanding of light and how to use it . His pictures are very captivating, and his Ideas for picture concepts are amazingly clever yet simple. Jay works very enthusiastically on all his projects, in short he is an artistic genius . It has been my pleasure to work with him. I wish Jay continued success in the years to come." Ruthy MM#355499 OMP#297650
"Jay was my first photographer ever. He made me feel VERY comfortable right away! You can talk with him about almost everything and I don't think I have EVER met someone as passionate as he is about his work. I would recommend him for a first shoot or even when you just want to update your portfolio! He is AMAZING!!!" Kayla Marie MM#311915 OMP#241640
Have you worked with J Fullmer? Add Credits for J Fullmer! >>