Michael N PPhotographer Male Roseville, California, US
My MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/zarnill
Mayhem # 3271328
My goal is to record beauty. I seek out the beauty in people, objects and nature to capture precious moments. I shoot photos for the joy of creating beautiful images. When I meet a model I am looking for someone who has energy, passion and a like-minded interest in art.
My philosophy is photographers capture light, computer artists write pixels and I respect both forms of art. If I have to use more than Lightroom to adjust the photo I consider it a failure. Photoshop is a last resort that I use probably two to three times a year. I want to capture life not artificially digitize it. My portfolio has images of models that have been painted, have light projected on them etc. but not edited in Photoshop; what you see is what was shot.
I prefer to hire models and pay cash but am open to either straight trade for photos or a mix of trade and pay. For the safety of all participants I prefer to meet in advance. I will always scout locations in advance of a shoot. Depending on the distance I can carpool or just meet at locations. I don't pay hourly rates for travel. I have a preference for a natural look with minimal tattoos.
I have no interest in pornography or images that make women look like chattel. Inaccurate MM descriptions (tattoos, piercings, height, weight etc..) can lead to cancellations with no pay because wardrobe may not fit, look can be wrong etc... I do shoot people with tattoos but not often. Tattoos always have a theme and that theme may not be compatible with the look or theme I am after. The more tattoos, the more 'inked themes' the less compatibility with the potential work. If a client wants turn of the century corsets a flaming skull on the neck simply isn't going to work. It is just the way it is.
1. Model Safety Comes FIRST.
2. I don't touch the models without clear permission (example: using a towel, not hand, to remove sand from a back etc..)
3. If a model says “no” then the answer is “no” (really simple)
4. I will never try to 'manipulate' any participant of a shoot to do something they don't want to do (back to “no is no”).
5. I will NEVER place a picture on MM a model doesn't want posted even with a release.
6. A vision of the shoot will be discussed in advance so there are no “surprises” for either of us.
7. Models have the right to read the release form before the shoot.
8. Models deserve a private space where no photos will be taken.
9. Models can always bring an escort to a shoot even if it is to sit outside the studio and wait.
MM Safety Post: http://modelmayhem.com/education/modeli … mpaign=edu
Some of the fabulous artists I have worked with:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/3633163 (Genevieve Hampton)
(many more but I don't have their MM contacts)