Recently relocated to Washington D.C. I'm on a semi-hiatus but will consider paid bookings. Occasional travel and work accepted in Los Angeles and elsewhere.
PLEASE NOTE: My professional website is down, and the URL has been stolen. Whatever is at SheilaWhiteStyle.com is, for the time being, NOT my site. I hope to get my site back soon.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
I live by this motto and I give 110% to each project I take on.
I am a full-time, freelance wardrobe stylist in Washington DC / VA / MD and Los Angeles. I welcome opportunities for commercial work, tearsheets and editorial. I do select TFCD opportunities for submissions or projects that really inspire me.
My personal style:
I love contradictions in fashion. My taste has been described as "clean, classy and contemporary" and I agree with that assessment. I have a natural eye for styling and what fabrics, colors and lines photograph well and consider fashion my true passion in life. I adore fashion and wardrobe for the artistry behind it. To me, fashion is a high art form and one that I study intently.
Where do I pull from? The most-commonly-asked question!
* I pull from showrooms and top department stores (Saks, etc) in LA.
* For test shoots, I pull from what I have on hand from my paid and editorial shoots, and my extensive personal wardrobe of vintage / designer items from across the globe.
I do not do glamour shoots, period. Creative swimwear and tasteful lingerie shoots are fine. I will not work on shoots where nudity or implied nude are planned. Sexy looks are fine; lewd and vulgar ones are not.
Models, please be 5'8 or taller. My primary interest is high-fashion editorial and commercial work so keep that in mind when contacting me.
I do style menswear and welcome all relevant opportunities.
My professional website SheilaWhiteStyle.com is a good represenation of my work. I haven't updated it in 2008, so please look out for updates with my newest tears etc.
* BS degree in Marketing Management from Pepperdine University
* AA degree in Fashion Merchandising & Marketing.
* 4 yrs. professional experience in fashion PR.
* 3 years in fashion show production in the Los Angeles area.