Visit us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Baltimore … 0317644726
Visit us on Twitter - @RoyCoxStudio
As a native of Baltimore, Maryland, Roy Cox began his career as a fashion and advertising photographer shortly after turning 27 years old in June 2002. Having no formal training in the medium, Roy began photographing friends and scenics as a weekend hobby which quickly turned into a full-time passion. Roy spent most of his free time teaching himself the technical aspects of the art during which his passion for portrait and fashion photography emerged.
In October 2002 Roy opened his first studio and began his full time photography career. Over the first year, Roy's talent quickly developed as did his clientele. Starting out with portfolio and headshot work, Roy began making a name for himself throughout Maryland and surrounding states. In 2003, Roy's career took leaps forward when he took on his first commercial accounts. He began working with large advertising agencies, recording artists and companies from various parts of the country.
Roy continues to develop his unique and easily identifiable style of imagery, having been published in over 50 magazines worldwide. Roy has become most known for his fusion of simplistic fashion and editorial subject matter and his easily recognizable & complex lighting style. This contrasting style of production has made Roy one of the most sought after photographers on the east coast. Roy has a studio in Baltimore, MD where he specializes in high end editorial, fashion and promotional imagery for art directors, magazines, actors, models and professionals from around the globe.
"I never imagined myself as a photographer and now I can't imagine myself as anything else." - Roy Cox
- high end imagery for models (composites & portfolio imagery) . actors (headshots) . artists and art directors. complete campaign creation and implementation. designer branding.
- editorial set design and creation.
- 2500 sq. ft studio with 2 hair & makeup stations (including hydraulic salon chairs, dressing room, lounge area with cafe style eating area, 1500 watt studio sound system, 800 sq ft editorial stage & refrigeration for food/beverages.
- please contact studio manager for session details, booking info, etc. (erin) 410.633.4540
- INTERNSHIPS NOW AVAILIABLE: contact studio for appointment, please no working professionals.
- for editorial consideration, models please send photos or a link to your photos and your personal stats when contacting us. please email all editorial considerations to email@example.com
Roy Cox is a professional full-time photographer, not a serious hobbyist. Serious contacts and inquires through website only please. Roy pays his models for his personal editorial projects and does not expect you to work for free. If you are a professional model then you should get paid for your time and talent. He does not expect you to be free, so please do not expect him to be. Roy loves to collaborate with talented artists and models on occasion, but in the near future this industry will only become a high - end hobby. There are definitely those times where an unpaid collaboration is justified, but if you are an industry professional then you should be charging for what you are worth. We are trying to protect the industry that we make our living in and help to keep this field alive and lucrative for future artists (wardrobe stylists, hair and makeup artists & photographers, etc.) and models. We strive to keep our industry alive and to not devalue our profession as so many have done over the last few years by giving away their services. Thank you for your time and understanding. Roy Cox Photography