Attention - Images that I've shot on this page are Copyright to me - you are not authorized to remove them and use them as you see fit without prior written consent from the model in the image or myself. If you do so, it is against the law and I have lawyers who love people like you!
Sorry about that first part but it is, unfortunately, necessary.
I am John Schultz, a professional photographer in Virginia Beach, Va. specializing in a wide variety of photographic needs from Fashion/Commercial to Swimwear to Bodypainting and Pinup.
I am not taking any unsolicited requests for TFCD shoots. I will continue very select testing I'm very pickey with my subjects.
All I ask of the people I work with is that they do what they say they'll do and show up when they say when they'll show up. For some reason if you can't show up that you communicate that fact with me as soon as possible.
This is a six minute short movie that I made recently - check it out!
Here are some Video Fashion 'shorts' that I've shot!
Models who are at any stage will benefit working with me. I shoot both outdoors, on location (and I know some GREAT ones) as well as in my home studio. I have professional level lights, backgrounds, killer post editing software and the knowledge to use all of them to make YOUR pictures good!
I work with models on a Paid basis.
My fee is $150 per shoot and that includes the following:
1. Professional Hair Stylist
2. Professional Makeup Artist
3. Photography "Includes"
* Up to 3 hours of shooting with as many looks as possible
* When we're done you help choose images that I edit
* You receive CD with RAW images and two versions of edits:
One optimized for 8x12 printing and one optimized for web.
All models that work with me receive full 'shared' copyright to the images we produce.
I encourage all models to bring chaperones to all shoots. Model safety and comfort is the key! If a chaperone is present, I require both models and chaperones to sign our model/photographer contract as a witness.
1. NO FIREARMS! Yes - I've had a 'chaperone' come to a shoot with a loaded 9mm glock strapped to his waste. I own several guns but I would never be so disrespectful as to walk into somebody's house with a loaded weapon!
2. NO CHAPEONES UNDER THE AGE OF 18!! This includes babies, toddlers, pre-teens and teens. Why? They're simply too much of a distraction! I may 'bend' on this one but you'll have to ask first WAY before the shoot!
Here is how my cancellation policy works:
1. All models will pay a non-refundable $20.00 fee to reserve my time. Once a date/time is set I require your cell phone number so we can stay in touch. (I'm professional and not going to 'give it out' for pete's sake!)
2. I contact you via phone (email or text) a few days prior to confirm that you're going to show.
3. I contact you the day prior and confirm that you're going to show.
- You CAN cancel up to this point and get your $20 back!
4. I expect a call or text from you the day of the shoot telling me you're going to show.
If a model cannot be contacted for #2 or #3 I send an email. If no response is received by the day prior to the shoot I consider it cancelled and the $20.00 will not be refunded. If a model cancels within 24 hours of the shoot the $20.00 will not be refunded.
Yes - I do the body painting! (even I get creative on occasion!)
For the majority of Body-Painting I use an Airbrush with latex based body-paints that come off fairly easily but will look GREAT for the camera!
I also like to dabble with Liquid Latex. It's FUN! Combine that with Body Paint via brush or airbrush and there's a costume that is KILLER!
You will also see some 'other' type of painting on my port as well - this is just FUN to do - sprayed out of the bottle onto the subject......... Just check it out!
Enough about that - let's talk about the practicalities of painting one's body! To do PROPER body Paint the subject should be nude to start with. If you can't handle that - then please don't contact me. Now - certain things can be covered prior to painting - but, essentially, you are nude with a thin layer of paint (or latex) on you. As you can see in my pictures - I "NEVER" concentrate the lens on any private areas. I try my best to tactfully 'hide' those by posing or lighting (or post-work). It's my GOAL to get good and TASTEFUL pictures!
Body Painting is neither easy or cheap. I'm going to be honest here. One OUNCE of Ben Nye paint is over $5.00 To paint your body with two coats of paint is over $25.00! Liquid Latex is also quite expensive ($30.00 per body application). I cannot afford to do give my skill at this, plus skill at photography away. At LEAST I require reimbursement of paints and materials used so please take that into consideration prior to contacting me.
I dont take lightly posting things that aren't positive in public. A person makes it on this list by not only being a no-call-no-show once - but twice. You must understand that I make every effort to communicate with those I work with. If something happens once I ask for an explanation and explain a few professional ways that the person could better communicate; however the second time it happens with no calls, no explanations or no follow up at all (or even an apology) I must post it.
Cancelled: 3/9/13, 3/16/13 AND 3/17/13