DrakainaModel Female Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
My Website: Drakaina Fantasy art Muse' s offcial websiteMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/Drakaina
Mayhem # 52208
***Update - Jun 16 2013***
Oh wow, I don't think I have touched this profile in a few years, if you want to see my most recent work, please feel free to visit my official website http://drakaina.com. You can also have a look at my twitter account for more candid and unedited pics twitter.com/drakaina.
I also would like to apologize for the tons of unanswered messages I never got the notifications.. And since I didn't come back here to update my profile, I didn't get to see them until today.Once again I am really sorry. Please please please send me an email directly at (medias at drakaina dot com) if you wish to connect with me.
****Welcome to my world!!
Drakaina made her mark by becoming the first of her kind in France, and incidentally in Europe. A Model raised to the rank of Modern Muse, inspiring artists, painters, writers and poets around the world since 2001 as well as influencing a whole new generation of models attracted by the potential of this ancestral form of artistic expression. Aside from her fantasy art modeling career, Drakaina has appeared in several music videos, as well as a couple of movies and modeling campaigns. She has been regularly seen in the press since the very beginning of her career and has graced countless pages and covers, both in Europe and North America.
Today Drakaina resides in Halifax, Canada, where she continues her Fantasy art modeling career, while attending many conventions and book signings with her fans. Drakaina is also a huge animal lover and actively fights against animal cruelty (her “I’d rather go naked than wear dog and cat fur” campaign, entirely self-financed and launched with the help of local Halifax models and photographers, in which she shaded the light on dog and cat furs and skin being legally imported from Asia to Canada, drew quite a bit of interest and warranted a “letter to the Editor” answer from the Fur Council of Canada).
In 2008 she released her first art book in Europe “Drakaina Fantasy of Desire” published by Spootnik Editions, followed in 2009 by the worldwide release of a second book “Drakaina, a Fantasy Art Muse” published by SQP Editions.
That same year she ranked #2 on askmen.com top ten list of the most influential fantasy art models of all time, behind Julie Strain (who before retiring a few years back was known, among other things, for being the model who had lent her image to the main character of Heavy Metal FAKK2, sequel to the animated movie anthology Heavy Metal).
In 2010 and 2011 Drakaina was nominated for Faces Magazine Awards in the “Babe the Year” category, and was one of the guests of honor at Hal-Con, one of the largest conventions of Science Fiction in Eastern Canada, where she presented the first issue of the comic book based on her likeness “Drakaina Untamed.” The comic is a huge success, and sells out in less than 48 hours. Late 2010 saw the release of her 3rd art book “Drakaina Masters”, by SQP Editions, which received an excellent reception from the public.
2011 marks the 10 years anniversary of Drakaina’s career as a Fantasy Art Muse. A milestone in this industry. It’s also the year where she meets The original American Fantasy art Muse, Julie Strain herself, as they are both attending the San Diego Comic Convention.
Her career has evolved to so much more than just being a model in the last few years, and today she is also character creator and story developer (she is the one behind the “Drakaina Untamed” comic book story line, and is currently working on “Crimson Decay”, collaborating with Ar’No, her longtime partner in crime, both on the story and character development sides.)
The French girl has come a long way since her debuts in which she would receive dubious looks when trying to explain her activities to today, where she is invited to some of the biggest worldwide comic, Sci-fi and fantasy conventions and panels and has made a name for herself as a key reference in Fantasy art. Recently Drakaina was considered by Halifax’s confectionary shop “Sugah” to have a chocolate bar named after her. Sadly she “lost the race” to her beloved nemesis, the one and only Fat Apollo.
Late 2013- early 2014 she will release a collector’s art book combining the best photographs of her career, and retracing a photographic journey through the past 12 years. In the meantime, she can be seen on various medias, as it seems that the originality of her craft will remain sort of a curiosity for years to come.
*** UPDATED Working with Drakaina ***
On accepting TFP/CD:
When in this business, you can either do it for money, or do it for fun and passion...
After many years in the industry I decided to go for the latest only (other than for pre-arranged publication shoots)… Let me give you my point of view on the matter: Since I work for free, I am looking for individuals who are willing to do the same.
Photographers – I understand that you spend money in lighting equipment and location rentals. Makeup and Hair artists – I realize your kit needs to be maintained. However, my costumes/outfits cost upwards of $400 each, and I bring them to the table, as well as a full thought through photo shoot (with story boards if needed).
It’s all about putting our skills together to achieve great results.
In addition to the above, I also require a minimum of fifteenth high def photos from any given shoot. As a graphic designer myself, I don’t require that the photos be worked on, raw is perfectly fine (as I like to do the editing myself, unless otherwise specified prior to the shoot ). Photos selection is to be done between both the photographer and myself (from a contact sheet containing all the pictures from the shoot).
Continue reading here: http://www.drakaina.com/work-with-drakaina
About my name, Drakaina® (yes it is actually a registered trademark), it means "she dragon" in Greek and it came up while Ar'no and I were talking about Echidna : he mentioned that she was a "Drakaina", and I instantly knew that it would be my name...When I heard that name shivers ran through my spine, as if my body reacted to the calling of this word and I knew there could be no other names possible for me....This is part of why I decided to preserve it's uniqueness by registering it as my trademark : that was it , there could and will only be one Model and Muse for artists named Drakaina
Books about Drakaina
* Drakaina Masters, SQP publishing, November 2010
* Drakaina Untamed - the comic book, Incarna Comics, October 2010
* Drakaina Fantasy of Desires, Spootnik Editions, 2008
* Drakaina Fantasy artMuse, SQP publishing, December 2008
Credit list updated till 2006 - More recent credited works available on my website :
Articles, tear sheets, magazines's cover
* NEWLOOK Magazine - Summer 2006 - "Drakaina : hot bomb" article + photos
* LUI Magazine - Summer 2006 - "Drakaina" article + photos
* Playboy Fantasy Magazine - Summer 2006 - "Drakaina sexy model" article + photos
* Revue France Dimanche - July 2005 "Beauty and the beasts " - article on Drakaina's fight for animal's rights
* Le Dauphiné Vaucluse Matin - July 2005 "Drakaina local celebrity" - article on inside cover'
* Revue Coming'up - Spring 2005 - "Drakaina" article + photos
* Magazine BédéX - April 2005 - Cover
* Revue union - March 2005 - Review of my website
* Magazine Interconnexion - Febuary 2005 - Article + photos (6 pages)
* Magazine Couples - January 2005 - Article (2 pages)
* Magazine Khimaira - January 2005 - Cover
* Magazine Exclusif - January 2005 - Article + photos(2 pages)
* Magazine Playboy - December 2004 - I want to be a Playmate
* Magazine Khimaira - July 2004 - Ex-Libris
* Magazine Dominis - April 2004 - Shooting to illustrate an erotic horror novel (4 pages)
* Revue Encre Noire - April 2004 - a complete documentary (article, photos, website review) of my Fantasy art Modeling carreer - (6 pages)
* Magazine Vérités - March - April 2004 "Drakaina, the Vamp of Internet" article + photo (5 pages)
* Magazine Vérités January 2004 "Drakaina superstar" - review of my website
* Magazine Entrevue - December 2004 "Drakaina Fantasy art Model" - review of my website
Spokesmodeling & commercial work
- PETA Official Spokesmodel Since 02-06
- Ariock L.U.S.T. Official model and spokesperson Since 06-01
- Roquefort société Lead model 2003
- Capirelax Lead Model Since 1999
- Magic unofficial trading cards Spokesmodel + character model 2005
Modeling & character modeling
- Lorenzo Sperlong & Heavy Metal
- Ariock L.U.S.T. Character Model
- Neotoken Character Model
- Christophe MOURTHE Lead Model
- Matt HUGHES Character Model
- P. WONG Character Model
- A. TUIS Character Model
- Mike RATERA Character Model
- C. HENIN Character Model
- Les PETERSEN Character Model
- D. LEFORT Model
- MULTIPLES Show room model
- JP FIZET Lead Model
- Sa mère la pute - movie supporting : Dir Brigitte Rouan
- Outlander (Kitchen Wench)
- Incroyable mais vrai – doc. Lead Prod. TF1
- Le 19 – 20 – national news Featured Prod. FR3
- La grosse décision – tv show Guest star Prod. Comedie (cable channel)
- Faxo – Tv show Featured Prod. M6
- Celebrités – TV show Extra Prod. TF1
- union Libre – Tv show Extra Prod. France 2
- Aventure sur le net – Tv show Lead Prod. TF6
- ALFAPAC Voice over Prod. SP METAL
- Max LAFONTAINE Co host Prod. Europe 1
- Max LAFONTAINE Co host Prod. Europe 1
- Le journal Featured Prod. NRJ
- Movie Maniacs Guest Prod. RAJE