MLP StudiosPhotographer Male Scottsdale, Arizona, US
Phoenix, Arizona, US
My Website: MLP ScottsdaleMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/michaellunaphotography
Mayhem # 553680
Have questions? please read the entire profile for the answers...
Photographer Michael Luna is a FORD|Robert Black Agency recommended photographer and was born in the UK and has traveled extensively worldwide. He now works from his commercial studio in Scottsdale, Arizona and his diverse skill set includes fashion and beauty photography, commercial advertising, editorial and artistic gallery work as well as remarkable executive portraiture.
Michael has fine-tuned his technique, experimenting with shadow and light—color and form—to create the highly polished lighting style that he is now recognized for. Ever-changing, his creative and artistic styles are characterized by a unique strength of composition and attention to detail that emphasizes the truly remarkable nature of his subjects.
Globally published and exhibited his work has appeared in advertising, publications and galleries worldwide.
Fashion Faces International - 2014 Fashion Photographer of the Year
LA +Plus Belle - Italy
Vogue Italia - 2014
Editorial Magazine - 2013
Fashion Faces - 2013
Catwalk Magazine - 2012
New York AT Magazine - 2013
Hasselblad Magazine - 2012
Surfaces - 2012
HF Magazine - 2012
Currently accepting paid assignments with rare testing exception.
That said, I do remain open to very occasional testing with the tall, highest caliber and experienced model but as I incur the costs of all studio overhead , MUA and hair services are provided at the models expense. If inquiring, know your craft, be unique and amazing.
Please read my full profile B E F O R E asking about testing.
Testing is scheduled ONLY for weekday mornings without exception. You must be very familiar with my style of work, be at least implied comfortable.
New to modeling?
Take a look around Model Mayhem and you will find thousands of portfolios filled with ho-hum and sub standard quality work that was shot TF.
I would encourage you to invest in yourself. Working with a well known, creative, and quality professional photographer initially on a paid basis, can accelerate your skill level dramatically, will get you noticed much more quickly (sometimes just from the image watermark alone) and help to quick jump start your career on the right path...
If you are a model with limited experience, unless I've approached you, I do not offer Trade, TFP or TFCD work as this is what I do for a living. That said, if your are wanting to build your book with amazing magazine quality and creative work, message me for reasonable rates.
Standard 2013 studio rates are:
Half day (4 hours) - $800
Full Day (8 hours) - $1550
Half day (4 hours) - $1000 + expenses
Full Day (8 hours) - $2000 + expenses
Major credit cards are accepted.
Operating from both my commercial studio in the Scottsdale Airpark area as well as my private based studio in Scottsdale, both locations are well designed, pro-equipped with the latest computer controlled Profoto lighting and provide a professional yet relaxed environment to work in.
One of the only studios in the state, we now exclusively shoot with the new Hasselblad H4D medium format camera system in in-house.
If interested in a more in-depth look at the process, follow the Vimeo link below to view a behind the scenes video editorial from a recent four look studio shoot featuring the always beautiful Aurora O'Brien, the gifted MUA, Sabrina Miller and filmed, edited and produced by the crazy creative Adam Murray.
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!!! - EXPECTATIONS.
1. In order to schedule, provide a telephone number that you check daily.
2. MUA/Hair services are not provided for testing although services are available and will to be paid directly to the artist.
3. If accompanied to the shoot, please invite your escort, friend or driver to come in to meet me, visit for a moment & tour the studio but due to a recent theft issue with an unsupervised escort, they will expected to wait for you off premises while shooting.
4. Expect to receive 1 to 3 edited images per look shot with an average 3 hour shoot providing 10 to 12 images and you WILL receive the images selected within 2 to 3 days of the session by email. I DO NOT/WILL NOT provide raw images EVER nor will I provide a catalog of every low res unedited capture from the shoot. There are a finite number of the "Best" shots from each shoot and those are the the only images I edit or provide. The edited images will contain a small watermark if a non paid assignment.
5. Nails are expected to be freshly manicured in a classic clear, red or french white. No chips or odd colors please.
6. Any wardrobe you wish to wear should be in good condition, non wrinkled and be camera ready to shoot. The "magic" word is "heels"
Please do not expect to shoot if the items above are not completed or understood.
I WILL NOT reschedule another session with a previous short notice cancellation on the models part.
A brand new behind the scenes video editorial from a recent four look shoot at my studio featuring the always beautiful Dawn (Aurora) O'Brien, the gifted MUA, Sabrina Miller and filmed, edited and produced by the crazy creative Adam Murray.