CSmith PortraitsPhotographer Male Minneapolis, Minnesota, US
My Website: Chris Smith PhotographyMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/rockstarport
Mayhem # 602437
Hey all, I'm Chris and I photograph models of all experience level for various projects. My studio sessions are shot at the Twin Cities Photography Group studios at 2500 University Ave. http://twincitiesphotographygroup.com. I am also an active member at the MPLS Photo Center (http://www.mplsphotocenter.com/). They too have great facilities to create some wonderful images.
As you can see by my portfolio images I've been shooting a lot Old Hollywood Glamour and Film Noir Styles. Low key lighting with a sense of mystery. I like to have my images tell a story of the model. Above all it's about having fun in the process!
As of Fall 2015 I plan to start to shooting images that will loosely recreate the art work of the American painter Edward Hopper. His paintings have a quiet loneliness to them, while also being classically American. Kind of like Norman Rockwell without the extreme nostalgia and sappiness. So I'm currently looking for models to help me along this project.
Have you worked with CSmith Portraits? Add Credits for CSmith Portraits! >>
Here is a little bit more of my background:
- 2015 "The Girl from Minneapolis" Book
- 2015 MPLS Photo Center "Chronicle" Exhibit
- 2014 MPLS Photo Center "The American Way" Exhibit
- Plymouth Primavera Art Shows in 2006, 2009, 2011, 2014
- I organized a large Photography and Photoshop group on Meetup.com for 2 years (2007 and 2008)
- I have completed the 2 year Professional Portrait Photography program at Hennepin Technical College in Eden Prairie, MN. (2005)
- I was a Student Volunteer at the Imaging USA Conferences in 2006 in Austin, TX & 2007 in San Antonio, TX.
- I've worked as a Portrait Photographer at the Pro Ex portrait studio in Eden Prairie (2006).