Adler PhotographicPhotographer Male Scottsdale, Arizona, US
My Website: Adler PhotographicMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/adlerphotographic
Mayhem # 71592
Looking for models to be featured in my syndicated blog and magazine covers with inside layouts. Prefer Los angeles based models for these assignments. I will travel and shoot in Los Angeles area each month.
With forty years of professional photography experience in the motion picture, television, magazine and print media industries ,I now focus my efforts in providing talent with images to advance their careers.
Twelve Simple Rules
Here are twelve simple rules I have compiled over the years for a great photo shoot.
1. Be Ready - Visit the tanning salon if you must at least three days before the shoot. Touch up your roots and hair highlights if necessary. A manicure and pedicure is advised if we intend to shoot your hands or feet. Shampoo and rinse your hair the night before and/or the morning of the shoot if possible. The important thing is that your hair be "clean" for the hair stylist. Do not do anything that will damage your hair. Groom your eyebrows, upper and lower lip, sideburns and if we shoot swimwear, well, you know what to do; make sure Elvis has left the building.
2. Be Prepared - Pack your things the night before. Choose your wardrobe, accessories and props, lay them out so you won't forget them. Remember to bring your grooming items, tweezers, hairbrush, comb, razor, toothbrush, floss and anything you need to be ready for your close-up.
3. Be Rested - Get plenty of sleep the night before the shoot. No late night parties or clubbing. If Busta rings for a "Booty Call" regretfully decline. Adobe has not invented the PhotoShop filter to correct this yet.
4. Be Nourished - Eat something. It is important that you have energy for the shoot. Don't eat a twelve-course meal or something heavy. However, make sure you have something. Stop by Jamba Juice or Starbucks if you're in a hurry and forgot to eat something before departing. I don't want you to pass out while we shoot. If and only if you make a stop, call ahead to see if I want anything.
5. Be Relaxed - Don't worry. Everything is going to be fine. If it makes you more comfortable to bring someone, bring him or her. I don't care. Bring your mom, dad, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, a friend, heck, you can even bring your aunt Susie. Children and pets often are distracting so try to find a caregiver during your absence. I don't advise bringing you husband and boyfriend or your wife and girlfriend together, no matter how understanding they are.
6. Be On Time - Enough said. Call if you are running late. If you miss your session, leave the country.
7. Be Professional - Treat the people you are working with respect and all courtesies they deserve, as you like to be treated. No excessive cell usage or text messaging unless we are shooting for Verizon or T-Mobile.
8. Be Yourself - Together we will capture your image, possibly with the help of others but your image nonetheless. Have fun. No baggage from a prior photo shoot or stories about how you can't do something because you are... Also accept compliments graciously. If I tell you look great or beautiful, please don't argue. Remember, I'm an expert. In short, leave all negativity in the car or whatever transportation you have unless it's a broom and the month is October.
9. Use Caution - Do not stick anything out unless you plan on using it. This goes for body parts and attitude. Remember your Image may be around for some time and possibly have a different effect at a later date. If you feel uncomfortable with a situation, do not do it. If you create an image that will stop traffic, make sure you have liability insurance to cover any collisions it may cause.
10. Don't ask - If you do something noteworthy, consideration will be noted and taken into account for possible rule immortality. Then again, you never know and it doesnât hurt to ask.
11. Remember - If you spend ten days as my house guest with your companion, friend, escort or significant other please remember to remove my garage door opener from the sun visor prior to dropping off your rental vehicle at the airport.
12. Warning - If you tell me your beauty secrets, you can not kill me.
If you follow these simple rules chances are you will have a wonderful session and great images to promote yourself.
Have you worked with Adler Photographic? Add Credits for Adler Photographic! >>