Hi, I'm Stephanie.
I've created a new division for my photography called SKULL RAGE PHOTO. I hope to have an official website up soon! In the meantime, my Skull Rage Myspace profile is: www.myspace.com/464513958
I have worked in the Photographic industry since 1990. I started out in a photo lab, worked for a couple of other photographers, and more recently, started my own company in 2000.
I have vast experience with weddings, portraits, and events like proms and reunions.
HOW I WORK...MY STYLE
I do all of my own editing and retouching and tend to create colorful, high contrast images. I LOVE Black 'n White imagery as well.
Most of my work is accomplished outdoors with minimal additional lighting. Maybe with a bit of flash or reflected sunlight, but that's about it. I enjoy the challenge of managing the ambient light while fully utilizing a location and creating 'something' from 'nothing'. Plain or ugly locations can really come alive in the camera, especially with a talented model!
WHO I WANT TO WORK WITH
I'm looking to expand my business further into modeling photography, and welcome the opportunity to photograph many different people.
I'm especially interested in working with people of various ethnicities, body types, and 'classifications' such as punk, fetish, emo, and tattooed, pierced, etc.,
SOME OF MY FAVORITE WORK
Kathleen Evans #1093149
~Andrea Mayhem #711424
~Andrea Mayhem #711424
~Andrea Mayhem #711424
Kristina Mayhem #782525
Kristina Mayhem #782525
WHO/WHAT INSPIRES ME
I am influenced by a number of other photographers' work. My all-time favorite photographer is Herb Ritts. (1952-2002). I love the stark black and white images, and his eye for lines and contrast. I also appreciate the way he photographed the nude human form as an art object rather than pornographically.
Other contemporary photographers whose work I enjoy:
Gilles Bensimon (fashion and celebrity photographer, Elle magazine)
Pepper Nix (wedding and portrait photographer)
Matthew Jordan Smith (celebrity photographer)
Many types of art excite me...sketching, painting, computer graphics, etc. I love looking at EVERYTHING!
Dancers and gymnasts inspire me. I love studying how they move and the various contortions that they manage to somehow make look...graceful. Incredible!
PHOTO SHOOT IDEAS I WANT TO TRY
* Nude female eating strawberries, all juicy and sweet :-). Indoor shoot.
* Candy girl...indoor/outdoor. I have a lot of accessories we can use.
* Dead Dolly...probably outdoor, I want you to look like a broken old toy.
* Pin-Up...indoor/outdoor, You need to have your own wardrobe for this one.
* Goth/Punk...indoor/outdoor, I have TONS of wardrobe and accessories for this theme. It's my favorite!
* Tattooed/pierced...indoor/outdoor. Show off your body art!
* BDSM Couple...indoor/outdoor, this will involve some nudity/partial upper body nudity. The dominant partner will need to have appropriate clothing for this one. Leather pants? Tripp bondage wear? Let's talk. The submissive partner can be nude/partially nude.
* Beauty shots...indoor/outdoor. I'm looking to experiment with more extreme creatives here. Different themes such as:
~Mud caked in hair/on skin.
~Glittery lips with huge false eyelashes.
I'm hoping to collaborate with different models, hair dressers and MUAs.
* Nude/semi nude covered in jewelry...indoor shoot.
* Floral fantasy. Indoor/outdoor. I have props and wardrobe, but welcome your input too. I'm building on a purple/blue hydrangea theme.
* Apocalyptic wardrobe...outdoors...you'll need to have your own wardrobe for this one unless we collaborate and work out the ideas together. I'm looking for hoses/goggles/big boots/rubber/leather clothing.
* Winter themed...outdoor in the snow, or indoor with the right wardrobe/accessories. Let's talk.
* Tulle! Indoor/outdoor...Wrap it up, let it blow in the breeze, make a mask/headwrap...I dunno. Let's play.
* Horror...indoor/outdoor...Blood, dirt, grime, ragged clothing, freaky, scary, crazy hair, zombie-ish, what sounds good to you?
* Horses...outdoor...Do you have a horse? I think they are so beautiful and majestic. I'd love to try some people/horse photography. I'm picturing fields of flowers, or a lovely meadow with a variety of different wardrobe creations that we could try. OR...a western/barn setting.
* Fantasy...indoor/outdoor...are you willing to let me photograph you in a variety of poses/wardrobes, and then be surprised when I produce finished images in settings that I create in photoshop? I'm working on my fantasy retouching skills. This would most likely be fairy/angel/demon/creature stuff.
* Bohemian Romance...check out my list for the ideas on this one. I won't be copying the other photographers' work, but this will give you an idea of the creative theme. You'll need to fit into one of my Sz.4 wedding dresses unless you have wardrobe that will work.
* Specific Wardrobe Pieces I Own That Need Models To Fit:
~ Sz. 6 fishnet boots
~ Sz. 4 wedding dress
~ Sz. X-small furry skirt with matching furry leggings. Hot pink/black.
If you have concept ideas that you want to try, I'd love to discuss them and see what we can accomplish together. Collaboration is a blast. I love working with people who aren't afraid to try new things.
I am happy to do tasteful nudes/implied nudes, but I do not do pornography. If you're in doubt about your concept, please ask me before we commit to a session.
Feel free to bring along an assistant or chaperon to any photo shoots that we do. I'm a firm believer that safety comes first, and I want you to be comfortable.
It's also good for you to have someone to help you with your hair, make-up and wardrobe changes.
Do you know a great make-up artist? An amazing hair stylist? Have access to a crazy wardrobe? Bring it on...Let's get creative and push the limits of 'normal' into the realm of high-art concept photography.
It'll be fun!
A quick note about RAW files...
Nope. I don't show unfinished work. Ever.
The only exception is when I'm doing a before and after display.
For every session, I carefully edit for the best body language, lighting, expression, etc. Then each image is individually balanced for color and density. After that, cropping, skin smoothing and other effects are done. So you see....I cannot simply hand over RAW files...it's just not how I work!
Trust me....I'm a professional...LOL
Here's an example of a Before/After image to show you how I might retouch and add artistic interpretations to your images.
FOR TF* CLIENTS
About 4-6 weeks after our session you will receive a link and password to your private online gallery*.
(You are free to share the link and password with anyone you choose, and the gallery will be up indefinitely, so feel free to link to it for web pages, etc.)
*Your finished images will be websized versions with a modest watermark of my studio copyright on them. I guarantee a minimum of 12 web gallery images for TF* clients. Thank you!
Image CD's and Prints are available for a modest fee. Ask me for a price list if you're interested in purchasing these items.
You may contact me here on Model Mayhem, or PM me for my email address. (Sorry, had to remove it due to spamming.)
I look forward to hearing from you soon!